No announcement yet.

More splash Damage on Rockets Please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The rockets are fine. Any more splash damage and they'd be edging toward being overpowered. They're really versatile as it is.

Comment

Yeah in 2k4 there was way too much splash damage, i absolutly love the rockets now, even though i hated them in UT2k4, it ****** me off when ppl just ran in and fired 3 rockets killing u and themself.

Comment

I am not talking about the radius more the strength

Comment

more strength? a direct hit does 100 damage how much more do you want?

Comment

what and a slightly less directhit = 20 damage.. thats what i am on about

Comment

You can't rely on splash damage as much as you use to. Don't aim at the feet all the time. Try and target the character more. Not all the time but more now. If you hit the target they are gib. I noticed on UT1 I would aim for the target more and then on UT2 it was the feet to get splash damage now with UT3 its kind of a happy medium or unhappy depending on the way you look at it.

Comment

Agreed. Rockets and flak shells got nerfed. Im tired of having to shoot 4-5 shells into someone to kill them. It was about 1-3 in UT2004.

Comment

I'm no complete pro and i dont play 10 hours a day but i've played long enough to know that its not really a good idea to try for direct hit - the chances of missing is pretty high and it doesn't get better when u're even more further away than the target, not to mention the 'dodge' moves. Its not at all common to go around fragging direct RL hits.

Why go for shoot-and-pray when you can go for the landing/feet for 100% splash damage hit? Don't forget that you also get 3 rockets to play around with - focusing all 3 on one spiral shot will pulverise any hopping if u have the skills.

Comment

Working...
                  X