X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2k3-2k4, UT3 - Still Dissapointed :(!

First, I'd like to clear a few things before you jump in and bash me :
    1.) I'm NOT a troll.
    2.) I'll appreciate if you take my thread seriously, and comment it seriously.
    3.) I've seen those questions from time to time, during ut2k3, and ut2k4, but didnt care much at the time and decided to wait for the game makers to change something.
    4.) as you can see 3 didnt work, So heres my thoughts :

I've enjoyed UT99-AKA ut1, My first question would be if there was UT99(1), ut2k3(probably 2) and ut2k4(ment to be 3 ?) and now they release "UT3" uhhh hi? why confuse the names ?

the biggest reason I couldnt play and seriously enjoy UT2K3, and UT2K4 :
    things seemed to have gone way more clumsy than the way it was (and so much ownage for so many years) in ut1.
    I thought UT was futuristic, Why my 6 rockets were reduced to 3 ? (also notice theres a slightly slower load time for those rockets)
    Why theres no "Rocket Grenades" anymore ? I mean come on, UT is about skill AND spam.

Sniper rifle, why the slow reload ? UT1 sniper recoils faster than the actuall starting gun in UT3.

Also, the sight and range of bioshock, it feels like its very hard to consider when its going to be next to your enemy target, I'm not sure if its just me, but I've got plenty of friends who agree with me.

Just to put it out there, rocket grenades are back. But you click the left mouse button twice while loading the rockets. I didn't notice until I saw it mentioned at the bottom of my screen.

Comment

you can change you FoV in ut3 or the others through console "fov 80" min "fov 130" max.

You can chuk grenades with the rocket launcher with secondary fire, before fireing you will see a small notice text on your crosshair.

Sniper rifle reload to slow? Come on now its a one shot killer 2 at most on a unshielded person.

I like bioshock alot.

Comment

Its a good game but i hate the fact thats its more of a step behind in game then a step forward like dogeing from ut99,03,04 is now almost useless cause most guns kill you in 1 or 2 hits also movements is soo slow that the hardcore crowd will more then likely crank the game speed up via a mutator or mod

Overall im dissapointed and i hope its more refined on the final version

Comment

- Fewer rockets is a weapon balance issue
          - Rocket grenades are in the game
          - Slower sniper is a weapon balance issue

Comment

Sniper in UT was so overpowered. I think it's fine now.

Comment

None of the weapons seem particularly overpowering compared to any of the other weapons. I think they did a good job. I guess I'm a little sad to see that the shock rifle doesn't seem as powerful as the UT99 shock rifle, but I can live with it.

Comment

sniper is still overpowered

Comment

I'm sorry to say this but maybe the unreal franchise isn't your type of game or else you would have played and got use to them all, they were and are all enjoyable in my opinion because each game had their own formula.

Comment

Working...
                  X