I can only see 1 foot in front of me? Help please X(

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I can only see 1 foot in front of me? Help please X(

I was excited as the demo downloaded but then I installed it and went to play it and when I get into a game I can only see the ground 1 foot in front of me and walls less than a foot away. I can see rockets being fired off in the distance and such but it stops rendering the environment 1 foot in front of me. WTF MAN!?

So anyways, if anyone knows how to fix this or who to talk to I'd appreciate it.

BTW my system specs are **** but it should at least render the terrain and just give me a low frame rate right? What's goin' on?

go into video settings then onward to advanced video settings and under screen resolution is the setting to set screen rendering, set it to 50 or max and that should fix your problem.

Comment

if 1 foot is 50% screen percentage, then 100% is 2 feet for you!

Just kidding lol

Comment

Well, while waiting for a response I figured it would be a good idea to update my video card drivers. I did that, restarted my computer, and now when I launch UT3 the game starts launching and then crashes. All it tells me is that it "Encountered and error".

My video card is an ATI Radeon 9600XT 256M DDR AGP. I know it's **** but I shouldn't be running into these issues imo...

Comment

Wish I could help you man but I dont know anything about ati's.

Comment

Ok, it appears that after installing the driver update my computer isn't letting me play any GPU intensive games. I was able to play UT99 in windowed mode but 2K4, Roller Coaster Tycoon 3, and Galactic Civilizations 2 won't load. I'm in deep $h1t.

Comment

Use system restore to restore to before you updated your drivers.

Comment

Well then, obviously you're giong to want to roll back those drivers. Also, what was the rest of the screen like? Was it a kind of snowy white or just a blank color?

edt: you shouldn't have to use system restore to do that

Comment

I'm using the identical gfx card on this computer as you are, it runs UT3 @ 15-25 fps depending on what you are looking at. It looks like ****, but i dont play it on here anyway - it was just a test.
                  I installed the display driver only without catalyst, and it worked fine. I didn't uninstall the old ones.

Comment

OMG I tried rolling back my drivers but it royally effed up my computer. I had to disable my video card and download a driver cleanup tool just to freaking use the thing. I reinstalled the default drivers off the CD that came with my card. I'm scared to try updating it again. I tried playing the game again in hopes that it fixed the problem but alas it did not. I set it to render 100% of the screen, the textures looked a lot sharper but it started screwing up my GPU again so I set it back to 50.

It just basically puts a black sheet approximately 1 foot in front of me, consistently perpendicular to my line of sight.

Comment

Maybe you should consider to buy a new graphicscard mate

Comment

Reinstalling windows is something that you have to do at regular intervals. It's like taking out the trash. You can delay it, but eventually your house will smell like s*it.

Comment

Perhaps its the fog in the game, too bad you can't turn it off :/ Looks horrible on my system too.

Comment

sounds like a fried card

Comment

Working...
                            X