My specs please help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My specs please help!

Im not expecting to run at max settings and have the best looking graphics. I will tweak my graphics down and my ini files down for optimum smooth gamepplay. My question is will this be a good setup? Will this set up run the game fine?

CPU: (Socket AM2) AMD Athlon™64 X2 6000+ Dual-Core CPU w/ HyperTransport Technology

MOTHERBOARD: (Socket AM2)GigaByte GA-M57SLI-S4 nForce 570-SLI Chipset DDR2/800 SATA RAID PCI-Express MBoard w/GbLAN, IEEE1394, USB2.0, &7.1Audio

MEMORY: (Req.DDR2 MainBoard)2GB (2x1GB) PC6400 DDR2/800 Dual Channel Memory (Corsair Value Select or Major Brand)

VIDEO CARD: NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GTS 320MB 16X PCI Express (Major Brand Powered by NVIDIA)

HARD DRIVE: Single Hard Drive (500GB SATA-II 3.0Gb/s 16MB Cache 7200RPM HDD)

Better than mine, and mine runs great at whatever the defaults are on the demo. I didn't adjust a thing, and my FPS stays near the cap... when it drops, I'm usually too busy to care.

I have the same video card, 4 GB (i.e. 3.2 GB) of RAM, and a slower CPU (4200+, 2.2 GHz 64 X2), running WIN XP Pro (32)

Comment

no. its a terrible setup!....... this is so bad... that it wont even start UT3 .................................................. .............................

Comment

Originally posted by ADiTheMAN View Post
        no. its a terrible setup!....... this is so bad... that it wont even start UT3 .................................................. .............................
        u dont have to be a smart ***, i just got out of the military where ive been stuck in the sand for the past few years. Im not to up on whats going on in the pc world these days. Hence while im asking for help....

Comment

Originally posted by ADiTheMAN View Post
          What crawled up your orifice?

Comment

Even though it's kind of off topic...but thanks for serving bud..anyways...that setup looks fine but i've read there's some real nice new graphics cards coming out next month if you want to wait.

Comment

My setup:

8800gts 320
              X2 5200+
              4GB DDR2 800

Runs great in beta.
              hangs well around 60fps most of the time and many places reaches up to 140fps. 1600x1200res btw, max details (well, max beta). fps bogs more online tho, hopefuly that will clear up by launch.

Still, on or offline performance is still v.smooth and looks great.

320 may have to run at 1280x1024 with the highest textures tho... unless in dx10 when the borrowed sys ram can store textures etc. That might prove to run highest textures at 1600x1200, but i guess we will have to wait and see.

Some tech reviewers are saying the 8800gts 320 is the best price/performance card for the game. Now if i could only find that article again... it was great, had some good benchmarks.

Comment

Originally posted by avatar9 View Post
                u dont have to be a smart ***
                eheheheheh :>

if u would be asking: "what to buy with this budget" .. that would be something else......... ur asking "Will this set up run the game fine?" ... i mean come on..... :> .... what do u think... ofcourse this will run UT3 fine rofl........

Comment

well i am trying to buy with a low budget. i can get that setup for 1018.00

Comment

lol ur graphix card is awesome...wish i had one of them...tbh i wish i had ur pc lol
                    edit: is this ur current pc or what ur planning to get

Comment

allright :>

me personally would go for a Intel Core 2 Duo. check out some benchmarks on this Site. intel c2duos are better than the 6000+. i think the few extra dollars/euros u pay to get a intel core2duo instead of a 6000+ are worth it when i look at the benchmarks. :>

Comment

Dont forget the new motherboard.

Comment

what im planning to get. im on a low budget like i said i can get this for 1018. and i think this is the best i can get for that amount of money

Comment

Working...
                          X