Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Horrible performance w/ ATI X1600

Hello all,

I had a question concerning the performance of UT3. Is there anything that I could do to improve it? - I'm using a MacBook Pro running Vista Ultimate via BootCamp (natively, not emulation) - 256mb ATI X1600, 2gb ram, 2.33 Core2Duo.

Now w/ that said, UT2k4 runs at 1680x1050 (native resolution of the display) - w/ all settings on max, w/ excellent performance. UT3 on the other hand I can barely take to 1280x768 (w/ everything on lowest settings) - and even w/ that I'm getting barely usable frame rates.

I know its a big jump from 04, and the X1600 is by no means the best of chips out there, but this big of a performance loss just seems wrong...

So, is there anything that I could do to improve it? Thanks.

I tested this on my friends system he has same graphics card. AMD athlon 3800+, 2GB and ATI X1600XT. He can play on 1024x768 on full maximum details. Pretty much 40 to 30 fps.

Comment

so, are there any ways to improve the performance at the moment?

Comment

yes, turn off the display of weapons
        and hardware phisics rendering
        i believe it uses your cpu instead of a phisics chip like they sell now.

Comment

I'm running a x1300 with half the ram and an athlon 3800 at 1440x900 and it runs really well with all the setting set around the first half of the sliders. So that said it's probably a combination of the mac/vista/camp, hopefully it'll be more optimized for you with the next version.

Comment

I have X1600 PRO, playing at max details and resolution is 1280x720, can go higher but i't faster like this.

Comment

honestly it runs like **** on my computer and i have an x1950xt 256 meg intel core 2 duo E6300 @ 1.8 i get avg 30 fps on medium, goes as low as 20 FPS

Comment

Working...
              X