Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What the heck?! Shock primary still doing 45 damage per hit!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    The shock rifle would become more overpowered, if it was given even more. Shock was probably the most unbalanced weapon in 2kx.

Giving the Shock Rifle slower ROF would make it to similar to the Sniper, minus the scope.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by martinblank View Post
    I know this for a fact, that epic said specifically during the IRC interview, as well as in a formal website interview, that the weapon damage levels would be returning to UT99 levels. Well, the shock sure hasn't.

It is still only doing 45 damage points per hit, vs 60 in UT99. Meaning it takes 3 hits to kill instead of 2. That is really, really weak. And the primary fire not only IS weak in UT3 but it also feels, looks and sounds weak, just like a quick little burst.

The combo is all right but as someone stated before, most of it's damage is done inside the radius of the explosion. That is bad, and needs to be addressed.

But what the heck about the primary? In fact I think I remember epic specifically saying the shock would return to 60 damage points (though I am not totally positive on that one)!! Funny no one noticed this or just have not posted on it.

What gives, epic? Please tell me this will change for the full release.

first of all: the shock beam feels like ur holding a railgun, and gives the feeling u can own everything in your path

second: if it became stronger, the rate of fire has to be way slower, giving the same result as u have now

third: the core that u can fire is very unstable, going slow and giving a lot of damage, when u fire it, it gives a huge explosion, followed by the creation of a huge vacuum of an inploding core, therefor, most damage is made by that implosion (inside the core). So this is the first UT where the combo is perfect

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Bit of an old thread but thought i'd comment.
    Couldn't be arsed reading it all.
    I noticed people saying you would be dying from all over the place if it was a 2 shot kill with shock primary and how you need to learn to aim if you can't handle 3 shots, etc.

I'd just like to say it ain't the better aiming requirement that I find annoying, it's the time it takes and how it slows down the gameplay, if I see a freshly spawned player and think nice one, a free kill, he SHOULD go down in 2 hitscan shots, it's just **** annoying when you miss the last shot either through bad aim, a bit of lag or some random flak shard kills them, just for the sake of 10 health!!! This is what always bugged me in UT2k4, how in FFA half your kills are robbed by other spammers.
    When you have powerful weapons, gameplay is much faster, lag is more forgiving, let's face it, internet gaming is still no LAN, just like in the UT days. Half the people I play are laggy gits I can't hit in UT and getting 2 shots on them when unarmoured should be rewarded with a kill, and not just a free kill for some1 else who see's them after you've knocked their health down but NOT taken that last ruddy 10hp off.
    For the sake of 5 damage per shot I think this is a pretty poor choice.
    And to those saying it would be carnage, try UT again and remind yourself that despite it being 2 shots for a primary kill, how often do you pull it off per game.
    So IMO the compromise shouldn't be slightly less rof from UT2k4 and same damage, but same rof as UT but less damage, i.e. 50 for the 2 shot kill on an unarmoured player, but nothing some1 with a slight amount of armour or a health vail can't survive.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hmz, my 2k3 instaclan also had fun with NW, because after 1 year of pure instagibb you get very noobish with the NW departement (replenish timers, where the F is that shield belt etc:P:P)

But shock rifle FTW!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by martinblank View Post
    I mean it should be 2 hit with lower ROF, not 3 hit with higher ROF. This still allows for the knockback spam, etc... And 2 hit is just more... well, satisfying, even if the ROF is decreased.

Not IMO.
    You need to learn how to tape people down

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by UT3needsdodgejump! View Post
    Eeehm, am I the only one who thinks 3 hits with the shock is still plenty to OWN people? Lets see, 3 hits, all hit, because I have skills, hmm you have 2 secs to live on any distance.

if anything: 45 damage is still way too high, lol. Then again, I'm instagibber:P
    ******* u instagibber, i'm practicaly on the edge when i duel with my ex-student after he went off and secretly played instagib behind my back. Freaks of nature u bunch are

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Shock is fine.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Senji View Post
    Really? i preferred teh 2-hit kill sniper/LG over shock's hitscan weapon
    depending on the probability of your shots hitting, 3-hit shock may be faster to kill someone than 2-hit lg.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Eeehm, am I the only one who thinks 3 hits with the shock is still plenty to OWN people? Lets see, 3 hits, all hit, because I have skills, hmm you have 2 secs to live on any distance.

if anything: 45 damage is still way too high, lol. Then again, I'm instagibber:P

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Fine, leave the shock as it is but at least make weapon switches instant then.

This is what usually happens....*try to shock combo..takes too long*....*spammers runs you over with a flack or rocket*.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    shock rifle is one of the best weapons in the game, its a lil screwed up tho with the too-long shock combo making it a lil useless for semi-medium combat - kinda sux losing 3 consecutive combo kills to a 4th enemy closing the shock combo gap and spamming RL down your throat but whatever... its still a pretty dangerous weapons at the hand of a hitscanner.

2 shock-hit-kills is TOO strong. 45 damage per hit is perfect.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by dirkduncan View Post
    rof is higher then ut 2k4. that means same damage per second. after all, damage isn,t only about damage per hit
    You have no idea. Rate of fire is slower than UT2004.

I also thought EPIC would buff the shock rifle to achieve UT99 performance:
    Primary: 60hp per hit.
    Secondary: 82.5hp
    Shock Combo: 247.5hp (really nice )

source: http://www.unreal.fr/images/pages/un...hock_rifle.htm
    But i trust in people saying that this way is nice balanced.

Anybody knows about the current Shock Combo damage?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by m4tze View Post
    The best sniper was in UT99, as it didn't leave such a stupid red trail.
    **** this, making games comfortable for noobs, so everyone can spot you easily, gg...
    Kinda the point, that is why LG was the main stay for comp play.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Mike888 View Post
    what? 2k4 rof is a lot higher than in ut3...
    .... What game are you playing?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by dirkduncan View Post
    rof is higher then ut 2k4. that means same damage per second. after all, damage isn,t only about damage per hit

what? 2k4 rof is a lot higher than in ut3...

Leave a comment:

Working...
X