Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What the heck?! Shock primary still doing 45 damage per hit!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shock rifle hitscan FTW period.

Comment

No the damage shouldn't be there. The reason is that the rate of fire on the shock rifle suits the weapons amount of damage. Weapons with higher rates of fire often do less damage and weapons with slower rates of fire do more. The shock rifles current damage settings are absolutely fine. Its not like everyone you shoot at is going to die in 3 hits. Most of them are going to die in 1 or 2 because not everyone is going to have perfect HP. You would make the sniper rifle a completely obsolete weapons if the case were to be any different. The damage on the shock rifle is nothing to worry about because it feels that much stronger then it used to.

Comment

i hope the weapon switch speed will be fixed for the full game, to increase combo weapons....like in ut2k4, fire with lg and finish with shock. as for the amount of damage, i have to agree with the people saying it is powerful enough...most people won't have 100 health anyway, so it'll definitely be overpowering with more damage...

Comment

Originally posted by Stage View Post
          i hope the weapon switch speed will be fixed for the full game, to increase combo weapons....like in ut2k4, fire with lg and finish with shock. as for the amount of damage, i have to agree with the people saying it is powerful enough...most people won't have 100 health anyway, so it'll definitely be overpowering with more damage...
          ..?

More like shocktape then tag the next guy with lg =/

Comment

The shock is great now. Please cry saying the shock is underpowered. You cant use it at close range vs a flak, oh no! And I'm sorry if you cant aim worth beans to hit 3 shocks (true, on these bad servers that is understandable). But on good servers 3 shocks isnt hard to hit.

Why increase the damage? Then you midas well just call it a sniper with combos and no zoom.

Comment

I'd like to see it rip off heads and boil eyeballs on the second shot...

Comment

TL; DR

-We don't need two sniper rifles.
                -2k4 was hitscan ZzzZZ.
                -Epic did a great job with UT3 weapons
                (except for flak, which seems like the *ONLY* weapon that got nerfed)

Comment

Shock is fine, leave it how it is.

Comment

90% of the people from UT1 love UT3 the way it is now..
                    Most UT2004 players are hating the game like UT1 players to UT2003 when it first came out.
                    This game favors UT1 more than anything. Even UT1 players are going to have to adjust just a little

Comment

i like the shock as is.

Comment

I wish they added a bit more recoil to the gun, when you shoot it it looks weak. Gives no "awesome" feel when you shoot it.

Comment

Originally posted by martinblank View Post
                          Actually, the best sniper rifle in any game made by Epic was in Unreal II -- the only good feature about it. Unfortunately it was hardly used in the game.
                          The best sniper was in UT99, as it didn't leave such a stupid red trail.
                          **** this, making games comfortable for noobs, so everyone can spot you easily, gg...

Comment

All it does with no trails is promote camping and hiding, not what UT is about.
                            Shock would be way overpowered if it killed in 2 shots, its perfect as it is.
                            You shouldn't be able to easily kill someone miles away with any gun, this is why the sniper/shock pri have been nerfed.
                            UT is about up close action, and the balanced is now perfect.
                            Shock balls do more than 50, so use those instead up close, just like in UT99.
                            Shock was overpowered in ut99, as it was a weapon you could use at range and up close. No gun should be jack of all trades.
                            Sniper was overpowered due to easy as pie headshots, high fire rate, and no tracer.

I do think the ut3 shock should push the enemy back a bit more than it does.

Comment

The shock is already a monster in UT3, and will probably be the #1 frag gun in the game... If it could kill a freshly spawned player in 2 hits, it would end up being like the sniper from UT99: An overpowered mess.

Leave it.

Comment

rof is higher then ut 2k4. that means same damage per second. after all, damage isn,t only about damage per hit

Comment

Working...
                                X