Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What the heck?! Shock primary still doing 45 damage per hit!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What the heck?! Shock primary still doing 45 damage per hit!

I know this for a fact, that epic said specifically during the IRC interview, as well as in a formal website interview, that the weapon damage levels would be returning to UT99 levels. Well, the shock sure hasn't.

It is still only doing 45 damage points per hit, vs 60 in UT99. Meaning it takes 3 hits to kill instead of 2. That is really, really weak. And the primary fire not only IS weak in UT3 but it also feels, looks and sounds weak, just like a quick little burst.

The combo is all right but as someone stated before, most of it's damage is done inside the radius of the explosion. That is bad, and needs to be addressed.

But what the heck about the primary? In fact I think I remember epic specifically saying the shock would return to 60 damage points (though I am not totally positive on that one)!! Funny no one noticed this or just have not posted on it.

What gives, epic? Please tell me this will change for the full release.

Hmmmmmmmm i don't mind if it stays that way

Comment

I think the shock was nerfed actually because of the horrendous abuse it suffered in 2k4. Primary shock became the hitscan killer of choice almost over the LG (definitely over the Sniper) because of the damage/rate of fire ratio.

Comment

hmmm shock does 45 maybe becouse these are normal, not hardcore settings. maybe if you turn on hardcore mutator (or setting) on ut3 the damage will be higher. But, that is to see in full game. Something tells me it will be this way

Comment

I'm not looking for hardcore settings, it should be normal. It was perfect in UT99 except for the fact that the tracer was not instant hit which was one of the most annoying things in the whole game -- very confusing.

If it was abused so much in UT2004, then why has it been left the same? It is no worse than UT2004, it is the same level of bad, if that is even proper grammar. All the other weapons are great, except the flack cannon needs a slightly faster ROF on the primary and a better arc on the secondary. The RL splash damage could also stand for a slight increase but the shock rifle is really annoying. Not only does it sound, look and feel weak, but is IS weak! And epic had specifically said this was going to change. Note I am only referring to the primary, the cores and combos are OK, other than the combo explosion being to big for the actual damage radius.

Comment

Originally posted by ScuzzBuster View Post
            I think the shock was nerfed actually because of the horrendous abuse it suffered in 2k4. Primary shock became the hitscan killer of choice almost over the LG (definitely over the Sniper) because of the damage/rate of fire ratio.
            Really? i preferred teh 2-hit kill sniper/LG over shock's hitscan weapon

Comment

60dmg for a hitscan weapon with such a fast reload is quite op isnt it

not that UT99 players have any problems with the shock rifle, but be honest to yourself what players do you know in UT99 that dont prefer the shock rifle over any other non-hitscan gun?

Comment

Maybe 50 damage would be acceptable, just 5 more than it is now. I think the ROF would be fine but a slight decrease would not kill it. It should really kill a player with 100hp in 2 hits, anything more or less is just, bleh...

Comment

The damage is fine. The increased rate of fire over UT99 is MORE than enough compensation. 2 hit kills with the shock rifle would be a massacre.

Comment

They have it just right. As is, you have to hit 3 times to kill a freshly spawned player. It's not hard to hit 3 times, so that's good. The shock is as insanely powerful as it was in 2k4. The difference now is that ALL of the weapons are very powerful, so it is balanced.

Comment

the shock pushes you back, so after every hit you get a slight more advantage to hit him again. this should give you enough tools to kill him...otherwise practice more. In ut2k4, shock+LG combo always worked sweet, but still 3x shock spam works if you practice. Moreover if you increase the dmg to 45+ it would make the shock a little OP, making the sniper useless since it has slower reload.

Comment

Damage is same as 2k4 with decreased knock back and Rate of Fire. They finally got it right.

Comment

Originally posted by Phayder View Post
                          The damage is fine. The increased rate of fire over UT99 is MORE than enough compensation. 2 hit kills with the shock rifle would be a massacre.
                          I mean it should be 2 hit with lower ROF, not 3 hit with higher ROF. This still allows for the knockback spam, etc... And 2 hit is just more... well, satisfying, even if the ROF is decreased.

Originally posted by X-Cannon View Post
                          Damage is same as 2k4 with decreased knock back and Rate of Fire. They finally got it right.
                          Not IMO.

Comment

Did the fire rate change? 60 damage is a sniper hit, so unless the beam got the fire rate of the sniper, it'd be quite uber. And why have two guns that deal the same damage at the same rate?

Comment

Yes, SR feels very weak in this game. Needs something to make it more usefull.
                              This weak SR combined with a weak sniper and really powerfull link and stinger makes for a game where skillshots have to take a step aside in favor of spam.

Comment

Working...
                              X