No announcement yet.

AGEIA PhysX Accelerator Card

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think we might see some kind of Ageia PhysX Bonuspack with content thats shows off the PhysX PPU at some point like it was with Creative for the first UT or the S3 ST3C map.

Comment

Most, if not all of that has already been said here.

And the end of that one will link to an even older thread about it :P

Comment

Originally posted by Dragon.SPA View Post
        Well I gotta through my 2 cents in on this. I have a 6850 quad core and 2-8800GTx in SLI as well as a BFG physX card. Card turned on or off no difference in visual quality what so ever. However when the card is on all benchmarks score lower. FPS drops on every single game I own including UT3 and other games supposedly supporting this card. IMHO it is a useless waste of money at this point in time. Spend the money on a better proc or video card and you will get better return for your investment.
        That is very strange, the PPU don't do anything if the game don't support it so the fps hit in all the other games must be from somewhere else also something must be wrong with your PPU mine does exactly the contrary, have you the latest Ageia drivers the old ones add a bug that disabled the card even if the game supported it, so you would have a big performance drop in all the PPU effects or they wouldn't work.

You talked of the games supporting the PPU and FYI GRAW2 in PhysX Extreme with the PPU plays at 35+ fps on my PC, as you can't play in Physx Extreme with a CPU but only in high, the CPU version as better scores but all the advanced physics effects don't work so , some guys say they enabled the Extreme option but from the videos that i saw they aren't really playing in PhysX Extreme it is more high with some more little particles and worse performance, also others guys opened the Ageia Island map and also started to say you didn't need the PPU from the video that i saw all the major physics effects were missing in especial the weather effects, other games Cell Factor - Revolution 40+ fps with the PPU, Warmonger beta 40+ fps and the first GRAW (that was a disaster for Ageia and the PPU) after the patch's no slowdown with the PPU effects anymore.

Comment

I'm going to throw my two cents in and just say that they don't play enough of a part in any game I run on the PC for me to even think about getting one for $129 or more. I play UT3 (no support for it out the box .. needs special maps so forget it), Gears of War (no support for it), ET:QW (no support), Halo 2 (no support), UT2K4 (no support), F.E.A.R. exp packs (no support), WiC (no support), and finally HL2: EP2 (no support). So in my case it makes absolutely no sense for me to get one. That is the problem Ageia is facing, the most popular PC games don't support it. Now if Crysis would have supported it you can bet they could have moved some units. But no Crysis means very little sells especially with Gears out the picture as well.

Comment

i have a ageia but i regret the purchase

Comment

Like I've said in another post regarding the Physx card and someone else mentioned here the 8800 series is capable of processing all your physics needs! Don't buy one is my advice if you really wanna waste some money give it to me

Comment

Originally posted by Kura View Post
                Like I've said in another post regarding the Physx card and someone else mentioned here the 8800 series is capable of processing all your physics needs! Don't buy one is my advice if you really wanna waste some money give it to me
                Ofcourse it is . Tell me what games make use of that uber 8800 capability.

Comment

Working...
                X