No announcement yet.

CVG article about Xbox 360 (YES we're doing it!) and PC system specs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I wait for the 360 Version... please.. devolp some nice and fancy functions for Live ... i will be there
    not only a PC remake... take the advantage from XBL make such a good game like GoW or other 360 Games

Comment

Originally posted by Kusimeka View Post
      yes i agree, my computer is almost 3 years old, i can run it perfectly on medium, even high, and it's smooth as silk, i was VERY suprised it even run at all, probably the best opimizatoin i've seen for a game, great job well done epic!
      my rig was pretty high spec in 2004 (Athlon XP 2800+, 333mhz FSB, ATI X800, 1 GB 333mhz RAM) and I get framerates in multiplayer that range from the low 20's to mid 40's in much of the Shangrila - and the oh-so-awful dip to 10-15 looking out across the amp area).

what do you have for a rig and what do you consider "running perfectly"? i would rather play at 50 FPS constant with less than good visuals than have it look pretty and have frame dips to sub-30.

Comment

i hope UT3 for 360 is downgraded so it will show that the PS3 is the BEST next gen system! Go pS3!

Comment

.....Dude, go play with your japanese rpgs, you fanboy.

Comment

Mark Rein has confirmed that the 360 version won't even really start being worked on until 2008 .. that means it may not see the light on the 360 until 2009 giving the PS3 a full year of exclusivity as far as consoles go ... bummer but the hold up is the MOD distribution problem on a closed 360 system. Well that is why I am getting the PC version in the meantime plus it is the best version and allows for Mod creation.

Comment

Originally posted by middlemaniac View Post
              i hope UT3 for 360 is downgraded so it will show that the PS3 is the BEST next gen system! Go pS3!
              Lol. Just keep in mind that the PS3 version has been in development since 2005. Remember the first ever footage shown for UT3 at E3 05? That footage was running in real time, on PS3 dev kits. So the thing is this, even if they start development on the 360 version early next year and release on the same year, it won't be as good due to longer development time on the PS3 version. If anything, it will be a port with less content, no keyboard and mouse support, and no mods.

Comment

As for my first post on the forums and an old school lover of UT99 on PC, it is disgusting to listen to xbox and sony fans bash each other as many have said.. its going to be pretty much the exact same thing except microsoft will have to use 2 dvds or use the marketplace for the other maps. To state that one or the other is better.. each one has its downside. To be honest all cross platform games between 360 and ps3.. looks identical to the human eye. Is a little detail around the edges of your character (example) really enough to go on forums and brag and make yourself look like an idiot.

Comment

Mark,

With all due respect I have to question the company's judgement on this one. How many copies of UT3 can you expect to sell on the PS3? Not only are the hardware numbers low, the attach rates are even worse. Is this what you call a smart business decision? The 360 is so much easier to develop for, your engine is already up and running on it (Gears of War) you could have had it out for the holiday. Last I heard, people tend to buy games during the holidays, especially 360 owners who always have the higher attach rates BY FAR. I don't see why you chose to pass this up. Undoubtedly UT3 will sell more on the 360 than on the PS3 regardless of what happens in the future, but don't you think you risk to full sales potential of the 360 version by releasing the PS3 version first? I mean, once it's out there, the hype dies down and the thunder is lost. On the PS3 you simply can't capitalize on that hype, on the 360 you can. So why squander it?

I'm sure Gears 2 is in the works, and that's great, but lately all your company has been doing is screwing over its loyal fanbase that helped pay your company's bills. Gears has been a smash hit. It is still HUGE on Xbox Live, that horrible closed platform your company hates so much, and this is the thanks we get? No Brumak fight and now no UT3, for a while. That's pretty harsh from where I am sitting, which believe me Mr. Rein is at a desk that is nothing like yours. Come back down here with the rest of us and maybe the decisions you guys make will start to make some more sense.

Sorry to be harsh, I mean nothing personally, but when someone has harsh things to say, they should just say them and not beat around the bush.

Comment

^Dude, I agree with you completely. I don't have a good enough computer to run UT3 that well (average framerate in the demo is in the 15-20s) and I'm sure as hell not going to waste a couple hundred bucks on a PS3. I've been waiting for an Unreal game on Xbox ever since UC2. That was two years ago (about the time when UT2007 was announced) and now I have to wait a third year for UT3 to finally come to the 360. It is going to be very unsatisfying seeing everyone else enjoy UT3 both on the PC and PS3.

Comment

Epic Games VP said development of Unreal Tournament III for Xbox 360 will begin in early 2008, the reason is that there isn't a way to create mods in the Xbox 360 version, whereas PS3 is an open system that embraces user-created content.

This is the main reason why UT 3 for Xbox 360 will be late. Now if you were to put the blame on something , please blame Microsoft or Bill Gates for not making Xbox 360 an open system. I'm sure the good people at Epic are already trying their best to make a good Xbox 360 port, but given the hardware restrictions by 360 , it'll be a tough job. Plus, this would only mean that the Xbox 360 users can only play UT3 within their own console while PC and PS3 users will enjoy a lot more user made content.

Comment

I come from the days of UC1 and UC2. I was very devoted to those games when they came out. None of them had any mod support, and I knew that on PC there were mods. Everyone who played UC1 and UC2 weren't expecting to have mod support, they played it cause it was fun. I can't speak for everyone (on the topic of UT3 on 360) but I couldn't give a flying **** about mod support. Sorry if that offends anyone, but when I played UC1 or UC2 I Never said to myself: "I'd be nice to have mod support." No, I'd just pick up a Rocket Launcher and shoot someone in the face with it, because thats what I wanted Unreal for, not to make another cheap tactical shooter mod.

Comment

Any updates on this?

Comment

Working...
                          X