double-jump

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

double-jump

You know the thing when you double tap the movement keys and it jumps in that direction? Well it botheres me.. ALOT! I'm just trying to relocate for a step.. maybe two and BAM! it jumps and i fall down.. it's really annoying.. my question is: Can you turn it off? And if you can how? If you can't I'll just try to adapt..

br,
    Meuko

u mean dodge? No i believe thats there for every settings in UT.

Comment

In ut2004 there was a setting; the thing you're talking about is called a dodge. I'm not sure if there is a setting for 'dodge enabled' in the menu yet, but there probably will be in the future game.
      But you really really need to master the dodge otherwise you will never really get good at this game .

Comment

Crouch before you adjust your position. If that doesn't stop you from dodging, it will mitigate the effect.

Open C:\My Documents\My Games\Unreal Tournament 3 Demo\UT Game\Config\UTGame.ini and change
        bEnableDodging=true
        to false.

You also might be able to change 'DoubleClickTime' in UTInput.ini from 0.250000 to something lower, so that it only picks up very rapid keypresses.

Comment

I remember when I first started playing UT, way back in the day, I hated how i would 'dodge' off cliffs all the time whee trying to move around, and disabled dodge for a while... But once you get a feel for the game, and get at all serious about getting some kills, you really need to have dodging enabled. It is a huge part of movement, and you wont survive fighting someone who is halfways decent without it. And it is incredibly useful for moving relatively short distances quickly, and making big jumps (wall dodges will get you to a few places were a double jump wont).

Comment

decrease your dodge speed

Comment

hahaha i remember when i used to dodge off ledges and cliffs and die in UT99 when i was noob.

Good times. Good times.
              Now I never do it on accident, though.

Comment

Originally posted by lærnu View Post
                In ut2004 there was a setting; the thing you're talking about is called a dodge. I'm not sure if there is a setting for 'dodge enabled' in the menu yet, but there probably will be in the future game.
                But you really really need to master the dodge otherwise you will never really get good at this game .
                Yeah there was a setting to change the allowance of time you had to get two taps of the button to initiate a dodge. I dont think the setting is in the demo, but when it releases you can probably set it to .001 second or something ridiculous like that so you never do it. Well you could probably never do it if its to short. I recommend just mastering it.

Comment

hey guys thanks for the info.. i managed to turn it off.. thx again

Comment

Working...
                  X