3200x2400 AAx8 maxed graphics shots

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

3200x2400 AAx8 maxed graphics shots

I just forced AA to 8x (properly) and made some ultra res screens (3200x2400) at the demo's max details to perve at.

I thought I'd share them with the folks on the forum who havnt had the luxury to see the game in all its splendor with AA enabled (as many cant enable it). Most of the shots are edges against high contrast because i wanted to see the AA at work, but still look pretty nice as well.

If you are interested I would recommend downloadin' (right click save target as) them and viewing them in the windows image viewer to allow zooming cause these are pretty large shots.

images between ~500k-1024k (jpeg format - low loss)

Scenery:
    Statue against sky
    Courtyard n' armor closeup
    Overlooking Train Station

Vehicles: (lowered res textures showing their flaws)
    Vehicle 1
    Vehicle 2

njoy

*NOTE* I dont have a super monitor, my max res is 1600x1200. Im just using tiledshot

2 words: Holy ****

Comment

This is for all the naysayers who complain that the demo isn't pretty. Nice one.

Comment

You play this game in the Cinema!?

Comment

these actually dont look as good as i imagined

Comment

Wish I had a 30" monitor and 2 ultras. >_>

Comment

It's difficult to convey topics like this. Everyone has their own idea of what the game SHOULD look like. Personally, I like many of the effects that others are trying to disable for the sake of framerate or competativeness. Others are looing for bright, crisp graphics.

I didn't build my system up just to turn detail down. If it's necessary to correct a problem, then fine, but I rather enjoy the eye candy and effects.

Comment

What are you running, a Cray supercomputer???

Whatever it is, I want one. Gorgeous pictures, any chance of some action shots at this insane res?

Comment

Yep, me too, hackdroot.

Comment

OK you convinced me, gotta upgrade to something powerful!

Comment

Whoa! Nice shots

Comment

So how did you manage to get get AA to work. Can you share this information with us??

Comment

I want your pc!

Comment

Nice shots indeed! The first time I saw the armor pieces in the demo (I run it maxed at 1280 x 1024), I actually used "killbots" and just spent minutes looking at those. Those are by far the best looking objects in the game IMO, the HDR/bloom, reflections, and rusty effects truly make them look photorealistic.

Comment

Ah sorry for not being more specific guys.

And naah I dont have a super computer at all :
                              GPU: 8800gts 320
                              CPU: AMD X2 5200
                              RAM: 4GB DDR2 800

The reason the resolution is so high in the screenies is I used the command "tiledshot". This takes the frame, renders each quarter of it at your current resolution and joins it all together to make one big sceenshot.

Heres how to do it, in more details (thanks goes to DHJudas who posted this info):
                              Hit the ~ key to bring up console,
                              Type "showhud" to disable the HUD to prevent it causing garbage on final shot,
                              close console and press 't',
                              delete "say" and type "tiledshot".

As for the AA:
                              this will only work with series 8xxx card and the new Radeon line
                              rename the games executable to Bioshock.exe, which enables the UE3 AA hotfix under DX9. You are then free to set AA to whatever you like in your graphics cards control panel.

Comment

Working...
                              X