Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone miss the ripper gun?

That gun decapitated people nicely.

Anything is possible... We'll have to wait and see next month...

Comment

Yes. There was a nice ripper mod for UT2004. Maybe it will be ported to UT3

Comment

that was a fun gun to spam around haha

Comment

I miss a nerfed and balanced version of it.

Comment

was great in the original. primary against the walls in a hall and secondary on the floor infront of your opponent. dont know if they would bring it back. didn't like it in 2k4.

Comment

i loved that gun!

Comment

unnecessary gun; there's a bunch of other that do the same thing better

Comment

I can't remember the map - some CTF map on UT99 with loads of green water and two tunnels above everyone leading to the other bases. I used to love getting the ripper, launching myself through the automatic doors of the other base, and firing all my ripper ammo through in hope of decapitating somebody. 'Course, it was spammy as hell, but nonetheless hilarious. I don't miss it - but if there was a mutator, I might have a little giggle with it.

Comment

for offline gameplay the ripper is fun to play with,
                    for online competitive gameplay this gun is like too powerful.

Comment

I liked the ripper, but to be honest, i wouldn't miss it really.
                      But if there will be a mutator for it, i would probably muck around with it.

Originally posted by Mardarkin View Post
                      I can't remember the map - some CTF map on UT99 with loads of green water and two tunnels above everyone leading to the other bases.
                      Oh, and Mardarkin, i had a look, I think the map you are talking about is either;
                      CTF-HallOfGiants or CTF-Hydro16, unless of course it was a User-Made map, i don't got much of those lol :P.

Comment

l used to love firing a whole ammo pack into a tight coridoor for flag carriers to run straight into

Comment

nope, don't miss it.

Comment

I mentioned this about a year ago in the Beyond Unreal forums. Made a little poll about who would like to see it return in UT07. Pretty much everyone voted for yes. I'm a little sad that there are no new weapons. Maybe they are still hiding some?

Comment

I wouldn't be surprised to see a third party Ripper brought to life for UT3, but it might take a little time for someone to make a model that looks good enough with today's technology to stand alongside the Epic weapons.

Comment

Working...
                              X