Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

When Does Epic Plan On Releasing The UT3 Source Code?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    When Does Epic Plan On Releasing The UT3 Source Code?

    Hello Everyone,

    Can anyone from epic definitively tell us when the UT3 source code will be released? We're dying to get moving on development of an invasion game type replacement as well as a new RPG based gametype ... any ideas?

    #2
    I would love to know this as well. However im sure they will release the editor when the full version of the game comes out. Im hoping they will open up UDN before that so at least we can read up on the editor and techniques used.

    Comment


      #3
      SDK or full GPL'd source?

      SDK I imagine mid-2008 at a guess.
      GPL'd code about 2015, if at all.

      Comment


        #4
        Originally posted by Fyrburn View Post
        SDK or full GPL'd source?

        SDK I imagine mid-2008 at a guess.
        GPL'd code about 2015, if at all.
        This seems incorrect to me as it is already known that the batchexport functionality of ut2004 is already incorporated into UT3 ... since they already are planning on making it possible to do a batchexport of the uscript in the full version of UT3 ... i would hope this time around the modding community would be givin the uscript source sooner to get a jump on things ... WELL! ... heres to hope!

        Comment


          #5
          never expect to see any c++ source unless you buy the license tho

          Comment


            #6
            Originally posted by kisk View Post
            never expect to see any c++ source unless you buy the license tho
            thats obvious ... of course if you have 10k to throw me ... maybe not ...

            Comment


              #7
              Every thing you should need for modding should be included with the game when it ships, so just wait until then.

              Comment


                #8
                Originally posted by kERNElPANiC View Post
                thats obvious ... of course if you have 10k to throw me ... maybe not ...
                10k? is that all it is now? Used to be quarter of a million IIRC!

                Comment


                  #9
                  Originally posted by kERNElPANiC View Post
                  Hello Everyone,

                  Can anyone from epic definitively tell us when the UT3 source code will be released? We're dying to get moving on development of an invasion game type replacement as well as a new RPG based gametype ... any ideas?
                  know exactly how you feel


                  ...just wish school would die.

                  Comment


                    #10
                    Originally posted by kERNElPANiC View Post
                    Hello Everyone,
                    well as a new RPG based gametype ... any ideas?
                    So you are the one I can direct my anger at.

                    Comment


                      #11
                      Originally posted by Xipher View Post
                      Every thing you should need for modding should be included with the game when it ships, so just wait until then.
                      Well, this is why i hope for a pre-game release ... no more-so than ever ... even regular players know how to extract the uscript source ... so ... yes i can wait ... and most likely will ... but considering this ... not only will ut3 sales blow through the roof on just the regular release ... but think about how many more sales epic will get if on top of that the modders can have shiz to release with the added bonus ... (and of course i realize that epic most likely considers this a way to prolong the life of the game ... but no-matter what ... this will always be the case ...) ... were epic to release the source pre-game ... in my OPINION only of course ... would most certainly allow them to work out the bugs/glitches quicker ... EITHER WAY ... RBTT IS GETTING RLS WAITING AND ANTICIPATING ... GO BABY GO! ... HECK! ... MY POS PC DOESNT EVEN RUN THE GAME ALL THAT GREAT ... IM MORE EXCITED TO BUY IT TO START MODDIN SHIZ WITH MY TEAMMATES! ... AS WELL AS SEEING ALL THE OTHER SICK SHIZ OUR FELLOW MODDERS THINK UP! ... 81TCH1N!

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      X