UT3 on Vista or XP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UT3 on Vista or XP

Wich OS is the way to go? I've currently got vista. I'm getting a 8800 GTS soon (already bought, just needs to be paid and shipped) so i'm DX10 ready.
    What gives the best performance.
    My specs:

Intel Core 2 Duo E6400 @ 2,7Ghz
    Asus P5N-e SLi
    1GB Corsair DDR2 PC2-667
    nVidia GeForce 6800, will be replaced by 8800 GTS 320mb
    500ish GB hdds.

Cya,
    Rik

btw. i have got both Vista and XP, so the cost doesn't matter.

Comment

Just so you know DX10 is pretty much the thing of the past thank you so much microshaft for screwing us over yet again. Take a look DX10.1 will be released in SP1 Of Vista.

I blew my vista away and went back to xp and my frames per second almost doubled for every game.

-RaT

Comment

Add an "others" option for a fair poll
        there are windows server 2003, linux and mac os x

Comment

I know 10.1 is being released but i don't have much money and got a cheap deal for a 8800 GTS that's why.

Comment

Originally posted by icecone View Post
            Add an "others" option for a fair poll
            there are windows server 2003, linux and mac os x
            How can i do that

Comment

You know that whole "Games for Windows" thing MS have got going on? Seems to me they got it backwards, and should have produced "Windows for Games". A stripped down, leaned out, turbo charged, screaming demon OS. Instead we get a clunker called Vista.
              I'm sticking with XP as long as possible, then maybe I'll give linux a shot.

Comment

I'd rather run win95 than vista

Comment

Originally posted by jackrustycog View Post
                  I'd rather run win95 than vista
                  Is Vista that bad...? I mean come on...you're talking win95 man....

let me know the TRUTH...I was considering Vista...just because I saw the **** disk at a local puter store :]

Comment

Ok I'll be truthful, halo2 vista 30fps long load times and crashing.

Halo2 xp (which is completely legal I bought it!) 80fps no lag no long load no crash!

Should I go into detail about my vista+bioshock nightmare?

Vista may be good for some other things but from what I've learned firsthand on gameing it sucks.

If you want to buy it hey I got no beef with that, just at least wait a tad longer for them to fix a product that your going to pay about 150 or more for.

Really I purchased vista for halo2, I know I'm a tard. After suffering from terrible gameplay hiccups,stalling,low fps and crashing online+offline I'd had enough of vista for a long time.

Comment

Dosent matter, it dont work well on none of them

Comment

Maybe UT3 doesn't take advantage of DX10 but other games are coming out soon that will, if your system is high end enough to handle the extra features. An 8800 GTS runs UT3 just fine, make sure you get the 640 version if you want to run higher res textures though (depending on your prefered monitor resolution of course).

Comment

I liked Vista whilst I had it installed. I kept getting unstable frame rates though so tried putting XP back on. It ran much better so I'm staying with that until SP1 now.

Comment

As much as I know, you don't get the performance you believe to get by buying Vista. It still has loads of bugs so it might be a good idea to wait for bugs & price to decrease.

Comment

E6750 2.66Mhz
                              8800gts 640
                              Raptor HD
                              Vista ult 32 bit

installed ut3, run fist time, recapped FPS - 140
                              runs perfect, FPS highs 140 lows 70s when in hard action, no crashes, no problems, only pure joy

I just dont know what the problem is you guys are having with Vista, UT99 plays better on Vista than on XP have to put FPS cap on UT99 got it set to 180 and its also runs smooth as silk...

dunno why but you guys seem to have problems...

when the full game comes out I expect better FPS and even smoother game

Comment

Working...
                              X