This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UT3 vs UT2K4

hello (i am from holland so forgive mij bad englisch)

I played de ut3 demo but did not like it,i am a big fan of ut2k4.
    It looks like the minigun is very powerfull (mostly used by noobs in ut2k4)
    it is the most used weapon of all uses in the ut3 demo
    the game has become more spam then ever(maybe to please more players)
    And it has become harder to do shockcombo's and shoot with snipers
    the graphics are good but not better then in gears of war...
    the gameplay is too slow even as the weaponswitching and the combat.
    ut is about the fast gameplay and using your mind to out smart the rest.
    i find the gameplay of ut3 boring and dumb.i tried the instant action on the ut3 demo where medium bots kicked mij ***.on ut2k4 i play with godlike bots and kick there's.that means i became from good player to noob player.
    i dont know what they did with the aiming but it sux.....

MÔH UT is dus niet helemaal onbekend in NL :P

I think the shock combo's are much inproved, easier too shoot, and the sniper is also easier to fire with (can be my skills have become better, after blaying BF2, BF2142 and MoHA, but don't whink so). I think this game is a huge inprovement to UT2k4, also becouse of the feign death abbility, you have to look careful if someone is dead or not (expect for the rocketlauncher and shock combo kills though)

Comment

Well i dont think the game is more spam tbh, the graphics arent better than Gears of war? i dunno about that really i think their about the same unless you count the res i run at which just makes it look incredible.
      BUT EPIC has already stated that the textures in the demo are NOT as high as they can go in the final product!

I dont find the combat too slow, quite the opposite, give it some time and you may get what i mean, it takes getting use to for the UT2k4 crowed (i liked UT2k4 too but i dont seem to have a prob with it, i really like how the game feels).

the Gameplay is boring and dumb because you can kick Godmode bots butts in UT2k4 but in UT3 you cant beat lower difficulty bots? i fail to see the problem, The game becomes less fun when its no longer a challenge... what would be the point of being able to jump straight in and kick the godlike bots butts?

I cant see whats wrong with the aiming other than perhaps the Mouse Movement settings could use with more customisation, like being able to choose 1.1,1.2,1.3,1.4... etc instead of going from 1,2,3,4,5 if you get what i mean. but if you find aiming difficult its your own fault if you cant set it up to your own taste (unless ofcourse you feel hindered by the less than precise mouse options).

Thats my opinion anyway.

Comment

[QUOTE=
        [/QUOTE]

You're a noob for thinking that TBH.
        Is not our fault that you don't like to get killed by weapons other thank the shock rifle and LG or Sniper.

Comment

Goedenmiddag medenederlandert.

I do not agree with you, though. Every weapon still has it's place. And if there's any weapon that's gotten boosted more than others, it's the goop gun. The stinger is not per say a noob weapon, just one that has it's definitive use - but at any range there are weapons that are more effective than others.

Yes, a weapon like the stinger needs a bit less skill (and thus are 'noob friendly') compared to sniper or shock, but a good player will always beat a 'noob' no matter what weapon the noob has, as the good player will have one that's better suited to the situation. So, I really don't see what your complaint is concerning the stinger.

The graphics are not better than those in GoW, true, but this is a beta and a demo. Graphics will be better in the full game.

Comment

I've certainly noticed that the movement speed in much faster than previous UTs. That will likely contrite difficulty a lot.
            The minigun is a lot more powerful now but shock balls move faster and shock combos are a one hit kill.
            Similarly, sniper kills are headshot one hit kill too.
            Link gun is as useless as it ever was, but I've never been to keen on the link gun anyway.

Comment

Link isnt useless, you are if u cant fight with them

Comment

Originally posted by ZielenHakker.NL View Post
                On which servers you test it? You know that the most servers are laggy because you could check your ping and not check the server location. No server ip in the server browser. And your right ping is only here => push ö and type:

stat net

If you have a bad ping then is not wonder that many players spam to hit someone. And UT3 is new, many players are on the road who never played ut2k4. The same with the combo's. On a bad server it's much heavier to make one.

Comment

Although i am slowly turning to the UT3 ways, from UT2k4, i gta agree the Stinger minigun has to be toned down a bit, it is a little bit too powerful.

Comment

the Gameplay is boring and dumb because you can kick Godmode bots butts in UT2k4 but in UT3 you cant beat lower difficulty bots? i fail to see the problem, The game becomes less fun when its no longer a challenge... what would be the point of being able to jump straight in and kick the godlike bots butts?

So you rather play games where in you suck, then where you good at?
                    i dont play with bots butt if i play i kick them.when i go online i play with guys who are equaly skilled so that it is a challenge.

Comment

hello (i am from holland so forgive mij bad englisch)

I played de ut3 demo but did not like it,i am a big fan of ut2k4.
                      it is the most used weapon of all uses in the ut3 demo
                      i find the gameplay of ut3 boring and dumb.i tried the instant action on the ut3 demo where medium bots kicked mij ***.on ut2k4 i play with godlike bots and kick there's.that means i became from good player to noob player.
                      i dont know what they did with the aiming but it sux.....

Unfortunatly I completely agree with you and like UT2004 so much better. People can argue with me but I dont find UT3 gameplay enjoyable. Its missing a lot and I find the map design to be poor and it seems like a good user made map not something professionally made by EPIC. I'll check it out on a friend's PC if I can with the final release but this might be the first game from EPIC I wont buy.

Comment

I still prefer UT2004 right now, all they had to do was kill off the dodge jump and double jump combos, I don't understand why they changed the movement speed. The argument that its more like UT is just BS, UT was never this fast.

Comment

Originally posted by PeterS_01 View Post
                          Link isnt useless, you are if u cant fight with them
                          I do so love needless insults.
                          Go back to xbox live.

Comment

its also that when your moving in ut3 its hard to aim because you cant keep the crosshair stable.why didant they keep the aimingsystem like it was.why change it?

Comment

So you rather play games where in you suck, then where you good at?
                              i dont play with bots butt if i play i kick them.when i go online i play with guys who are equaly skilled so that it is a challenge.
                              its funny, becouse the avarage bots are more skilled than the online players. It is EASIER to kill online players than to kill bots!!!!!!!

great work on the AI Epic!!!

*edit: @Fyrburn: I always change my gamestyle to the weapon I am carrying, not choosing weapons that fit my gamestyle, that way I can practice to kill people in every situation

Comment

Working...
                              X