X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bye Bye Epic.

Well.

Beta or not, so far is this game is ****.

It plays just below OK with extreme low settings on my upper midrange system, which is not acceptible. The beta demo offers nothing I want to see in the game, removed are all of the advanced player features from 2k4. It feels pretty good for a game for an idiot, so you might do well as the masses are just that.

My advice, dont release it for another year and fix it for PC gamers. Get rid of Gamespy, the ohh ahh features in PPE that take up too much resources and look terrible, and get back to basics. After that is done, give the consol players a cheap GUI for thier systems without screwing up my options as someone who spent three times as much for my PC.

Its sad to think you guys have been working on this for so long and actually think its ready for a public beta.

Anyway, good luck. Next year when UT2008 is released Ill take another look. But the same will apply if you dont get your **** together.

A very poor effort over all.
    Thanks for the demo though. I appreciate the warning.

Game Over.

What, and miss out on your chance to help them work out the bugs? Oh, right, you're just here to whine and complain. That's fine-- go away, the community needs constructive criticism, not whining.

Comment

Bye.

When they removed the bugs and fix everything people reported this game is gonna rock.

2008? wtf

Comment

lol owned? im thinking you prolly have a 4 year old system or a crappy vcard. cause im only on 7950gt 256mb and the game runs very optimized on max settings.
        Ask mom and dad for an upgrade maybe or work at Mc Donalds? Cause seriously the gameplay is so awesome, you dont know what your missing
        but hey dont let the door kick you on your way out JK!!!!!

Comment

:K

Then bye. Go complain somewhere else. I sunk 300 into my 8800 and im getting every penny out of it now and it looks awesome.

For sooo many who do not know

Beta - A pre-shipping release of hardware or software that has gone through alpha test. A beta version of software is supposed to be very close to the final product, but, in practice, it is more a way of getting users to test the software in the first place under real conditions. Given the complexity and ambiguous standards in the PC industry, it is impossible to duplicate the myriad of configurations that exist in the real world.

Comment

You get what you've paid for.

So long sucka.

Comment

Dont let the........u know the rest

Comment

Originally posted by CiS View Post

Beta - A pre-shipping release of hardware or software that has gone through alpha test. A beta version of software is supposed to be very close to the final product, but, in practice, it is more a way of getting users to test the software in the first place under real conditions. Given the complexity and ambiguous standards in the PC industry, it is impossible to duplicate the myriad of configurations that exist in the real world.
                You actually prove his point. Very close to shipping product? 4am and they're still getting about 4 posts a minute on the bug forum, all with pretty much the same black-screen issues. Not a graphical glitch, not isolated config. conflicts 'just' mass system crashes...no big deal in a stage of development that as you have said should be close to the shipping product.
                If you guys like the current state of the game great, but this demo isn't even Beta level (and yes I have worked in software testing). It flies on my system but crashes randomly on startup, no rhyme or reason, half my clan can't even get it running.
                Besides the technical issues they have remove some of the very skills that made UT2k4 unique. The dev.s have stated clearly that it was their intention to do this so I'm not saying we weren't warned but they also stated this was to appeal to a larger audience, i.e. to reduce the advantage real skills would have against those without....Why would you want to play a game that deliberately caps your abilities so that the less skilled audience can keep up? Where's the incentive to improve that far? 3.5 years on and I'm still getting better at 2k4, a little faster a little better aim, this..just like any other shooter I know I'll have reached a max in a matter of days.
                A number of folks have also stated that it's all for the best as this is closer to UT99, but it's not 1999 anymore, games and gamers evolve, UT3 has devolved. But I guess it'll sell more copies at first anyway, UT2k4 still sells because there are enough servers maintained by hardcore players, I really don't see that in UT3's future in it's current form (and again yes I know it can change from the Beta but lets be honest they don't have time and I doubt the inclination since UT is no longer the company's favourite kid).

The one thing this demo has done is convince my clan that we should ressurrect our UT2k4 server as it was foolish to let it lapse pending the release of UT3. We all had high hopes for this and all it's done is force us back to a game we hoped to progress from.

Oh and for the forum trolls go ahead and start spouting about "Its B.E.T.A..."..."its your config lolz...stfu" etc. Its kind funny watching people who think they're clever spew repetitive cliche, but I don't respond to that ****. Of course if anyone has anything intelligent to say that's another thing.

Comment

I havnt had one crash yet.... they will work it all out soon for the people that are having problems.

Comment

yea i been looking and keeping an eye on the other forum section around here and its not everyone whos having the issue, only some... and like someone else mentioned, when u buy a pc, you REALLY do get what you pay for. If your gonna want to run the next gen games, you'll need to get better hardware, its that simple. No walmart type products and then upgrade bits here and there.... the whole machine has to be upto par, from the mother board, with the FSB, to the cpu, to the graphics card, and low latency ram, and ammount of ram... it all pays an important part to make a game of this calluber run GOOD!!!... for the folks that have 8800s and are having problems, check the rest of your machine, for over heating, and power supply usage as the psu might be not enough to power such a power hungry card, there are a LOT! of 8800 users on here that have absolutely no problem running this demo at all... i haven't had a single crash or frame rate dips and im only on a AGP graphics card with a 939 chipset.... GET the microsoft dual core HOT FIX!!!!! if your on dual cores and getting low FPS....

sort yourselfs out and seriously do some checking before whining and complaining and slating such a good **** demo

Comment

Buy UT 3 for the PS 3 then.

Comment

i wont miss you .. just stfu leave and go play tetris tbh

Comment

Originally posted by Shimodian View Post
                          4am and they're still getting about 4 posts a minute on the bug forum, all with pretty much the same black-screen issues.
                          There is no such thing as time zones on the internet.

Also, everyone is complaining about it looking bad. This is for 3 reasons.
                          1. its a beta etc.
                          2. the ini file bug - cant set settings higher See 1.
                          3. incompatibile with some hardware/drivers. See 1.

My 7900GT plays at 1024x768 with 5/5 textures and world at a smooth 30fps online. This is one of those 'next gen' games. Don't expect it to run on old hardware or drivers.

Comment

u get what u pay for

if u bought a pc 2 years ago.. then uhm.. u just got to play games 2 years old!..

i bought my pc half a year ago and payed round 1300$ so now it just kickz *** :P

btw. 8800GTS and no blackscreen, crash issues.

but i made a great deal.. on dell u would have payed >2400$

Comment

Welcome kids to KriLL3.8™s school of the internet.

Todays lesson is about "Trolls" they frequent forums and the main thing they're seeking is attention replying, arguing or simply acknowledging the existence of a troll can be enough to feed it for days, remember kids, don't feed the trolls.

Comment

Working...
                              X