vehicle ranged fire op.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

vehicle ranged fire op.

so I have been playing a bit of vctf, and I have come to the impression that the ranged primaries of the vehicles are a little too powerful (vs. people on foot). I can understand the scorpion/manta secondaries being 1-shot-kill, and the main tank gun, but the scorpion/manta/raptor primaries and the tank machine gun are imo, 50% too powerful. This could kinda be applied to all the normal weapons as well (everything could use a little tone-down, i think), but it unbalances vctf in particular with vehicles.

also, ping/sph on the scoreboard would be nice (just so we can laugh at people when we kill them with 300 more ping).

Manta and Raptor plasma are very nasty, yes. It's often hard to see where the projectiles are coming from because they move so fast and what with all the sparks flying and all. I often get shot just wondering what the hell happened (though lack of death messages contributes to that).

The Goliath machinegun sucks at range. It has a rather wide cone of fire. You can gun people down at medium/close range no problem, but at long ranges you hardly hit at all.

The Goliath cannon is laughable. It no longer pwns the Scorpion or the Hellbender and you have to hit really close to where people are standing. It's also harder to see where the shell is going. The shell also seems a lot slower, making it especially hard to take out Mantas.

Comment

I kind of agree here. I don't mind the wider cone on the goliath mg, but it seems like the cannon shoots low. Some people hit the divider in suspense an awful lot.

I also miss the scorpion bola. It was more inventive then something that just went "boom". It was quite a rush when you could actually jump over it too. I've charged a scorpion thinking I'd jump over the thing or go under it, only to remember it has grenades now as one smashes into my face.

Comment

Working...
      X