Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Would dodge jump really matter?

Now that some of us had got a chance to play some UT3 I was kind of
    wondering, would dodge jump really have mattered if it was in? With the feel and weight of the characters I don't think it would be floaty at all. Not saying I don't like the way it is now but it's just a thought since so many people were complaining in the past how floaty the 2kx's were from 99.

(Please be positive with your opinions.)

i think dodge jump would altogether look goofy personally, double jump is just as good imo

Comment

there are tonnes of opportunities that are just out of reach in shangrila. If the jump distance were to be lengthened even just a few units I think it might do the trick.

On the other hand, keeping it out will put a little more emphasis on the boots. especially if you place the shield belt somewhere that only the boots can reach.

Comment

Dodge jump or whatever isn't really needed imo. A slight increase in double jump height might be nice. So you can double jump from the bridge to the damage amplifier thingy. Speed increase from jumping would be the best though

Comment

Originally posted by Koei View Post
          A slight increase in double jump height might be nice. So you can double jump from the bridge to the damage amplifier thingy.
          you can do that already mate. Its a dodge jump you need to dothough. Quickly tap forward twice and jump and you'll happily land on it

Comment

I dont think you need a dodge jump or a double jump. Just slightly increase the height of a single jump and you are set!

Comment

Originally posted by Barballs View Post
              there are tonnes of opportunities that are just out of reach in shangrila.
              I have found this too - although I dont miss dodge jump overall not having it there has made me realize that in 2k4 it made the difference bettween making a gap or not in so many placs.

Although, the new maps seem to have this compensated for (for example the udamage in shangrila can be reached with a dodge or jump from the rooftop) as well as a few other spots that a double jump will reach fine.

Comment

Seriously, what's the point of having a double jump if it's not to let you have a dodge-jump?

Comment

Glad someone else has I think there will be plenty or maps in the future that will make the most out of the new movement besides, I found a few work arounds in the map anyway they are a little awkward but get you from a to c with the help of a few 2 pixel with ledges to help out

Comment

Originally posted by da ghost View Post
                    Seriously, what's the point of having a double jump if it's not to let you have a dodge-jump?
                    there are LOADS of ledges and stuff you cant get to without double jumping!!

The udamage pillar in shangri-la is the classic example if you go up to it - it would be impossible without good 'ol double jump.

Comment

I think that with the new and improved jump boots you can make all the dodge jumps you like. No need for something else, imo.

Comment

I wish there was a dodge jump mutator.

Comment

I'm sure there will be a mutator for dodge jump shortly after the full game comes out.

Comment

Working...
                          X