Upgrade your Com

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Upgrade your Com

All those people out there that have onboard video and single core processors need to stop whining, your computers are 2-3 years old and all the new games being relesed use dual-core processors and at least a dx 9 stand alone 256 meg video card(ati/nvidia) to run properly. If you dont have these things its time for an upgrade, seriously. 2gigs of ram is also becoming the standard. I have a dual core athlon 2.5ghz, x-1950gt 512mb, 2 gigs of 800mhz ram and 10000 rpm hard drive. I can max out the graphics and still get at least 45fps if not higher. This is also with all the extra features on the vid card turned on, like anti-alising,and anostrophic filtering maxed out. This upgrade (mobo,proccesor,ram,vid card=550$+instalation if u dont install yourself).

Originally posted by sincreator View Post
    All those people out there that have onboard video and single core processors need to stop whining, your computers are 2-3 years old and all the new games being relesed use dual-core processors and at least a dx 9 stand alone 256 meg video card(ati/nvidia) to run properly. If you dont have these things its time for an upgrade, seriously. 2gigs of ram is also becoming the standard. I have a dual core athlon 2.5ghz, x-1950gt 512mb, 2 gigs of 800mhz ram and 10000 rpm hard drive. I can max out the graphics and still get at least 45fps if not higher. This is also with all the extra features on the vid card turned on, like anti-alising,and anostrophic filtering maxed out. This upgrade (mobo,proccesor,ram,vid card=550$+instalation if u dont install yourself).
    I have a single core and the game works flawlessly @ 1280*1024 full details.
    Thanx for asking

Comment

high end single cores will probally still work fine but without a good vid card and lots of ram the game will suffer

Comment

Is an AMD Turion M37 2.0Ghz an high-end proc? (not ironical, i dunno)

Comment

2 ghz and above with lots of ram and good vid card will run fine. Nowadays a 2 ghz processor is not all that high but add the other stuff and it helps alot.

Comment

im not sure if that processor is good or not, ive always went athlon64 or X2.

Comment

Working...
            X