Crappy performance - uber system

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Crappy performance - uber system

I just built a new computer a few months ago. I think it's pretty good as far as specs go. Here is a quick summary of what I got

Intel Core2 2.13ghz
    4gigs of ram
    Windows Vista 64-bit
    BFGTech Geforce 8800 GTS OC

I well meet the recommended requirements for UT3, yet I still get lots of graphics lag when the settings are set high(not maxed out). I'm guessing its Vista slowing me down, as usual. Anyone else experiencing this? Any solutions?

I know it's only a beta demo so I'm hoping it improves drastically when it's officially released.

that's weird... I have only a slightly better system, and it run flawlessly. Do you have lots of system resources hogging stuff? And it could also be Vista..

Comment

I have a AMD 5.4+, a 1800XL 256 AIW, 2 GB RAM, Vista 32-bit. Maybe it is a 64-bit issue? I run a max settings 1280x960 and have a pretty good time with it.

Comment

Originally posted by FreakyNipples69 View Post
        I just built a new computer a few months ago. I think it's pretty good as far as specs go. Here is a quick summary of what I got

Intel Core2 2.13ghz
        4gigs of ram
        Windows Vista 64-bit
        BFGTech Geforce 8800 GTS OC

I well meet the recommended requirements for UT3, yet I still get lots of graphics lag when the settings are set high(not maxed out). I'm guessing its Vista slowing me down, as usual. Anyone else experiencing this? Any solutions?

I know it's only a beta demo so I'm hoping it improves drastically when it's officially released.

Intel Core2 2.66Mhz
        2gigs of ram
        Windows Vista 32-bit
        Geforce 8800 GTS 640

I get 140 FPS (I reset cap) min 70s FPS on max settings

I think your problem maybe be 64bit Vista.. dunno

Comment

try reinstall the demo - it helped me on my 3 year old rig 2-3 fps after reinstall 15- 25 fps.
          but i hope they do some improvements to the engine!!

Comment

I have the same problem
            I Got
            Intel Pentium 4
            Asus Geforce 6600 overclocked to the max
            768 MB Of Ram
            Windows XP Home Edition SP2

Windows XP SP2 or Windows Vista
            · 2.0+ GHZ Single Core Processor
            · 512 Mbytes of System RAM
            · NVIDIA 6200+ or ATI Radeon 9600+ Video Card
            · 8 GB of Free Hard Drive Space

I meet the requirements but still get a average 8 to 15 fps I guess i should update my memory and graphics card

Comment

I'm running Vista x64 and getting around 20-40 FPS at 1280x1024. This seem to be normal for a lot of 7800 owners.

Comment

Intel Core2 2.13ghz
                2gigs of ram
                Windows XP
                xfx Geforce 8500 GT

and iam running around with a 20-40 fps too.

assuming its around there since i dont know how to show the fps stats

Comment

Originally posted by Spaz View Post
                  I'm running Vista x64 and getting around 20-40 FPS at 1280x1024. This seem to be normal for a lot of 7800 owners.
                  I get the same thing but at every resolution from lowest to 1680x1050.

Comment

AMD X2 4600+ Dual core 2.4GHz
                    2GB DDR2 667MHz RAM
                    Gainward Bliss Golden Sample edition 7950GT 512MB (pre-overclocked)

With medium high settings at 1152x768 I was getting good frame rate - usually 45+

Comment

as usual it seems to be vista. No other explanation for it. Epic and Microsoft better get with it.

Comment

lol M$ has nothing to do with it. They probably don't care.

Comment

This game just seems to be a massive cpu hog. I'm having laggy fps with my Intel Dualcore 2,8ghz, 1g 800mhz dd2, gf7950gtx. No way to get the fps better from graph settings.

Comment

me never lags, im running XP...

Comment

Im not sure if this applies to you but take a look here:

http://utforums.epicgames.com/showthread.php?t=579276

Some of us are having problems with the FPS dropping when exiting the game and restarting again. The only solution is to restart the PC.

Comment

Working...
                              X