Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Originally posted by CreepyD View Post
    Ok so I'm thinking of going down the shop in about an hour to upgrade my processor.
    I currently have a single core 3700+ 2.2ghz (@2.5ghz)
    gf8800gts
    1gb 333mhz ram (funny it runs smoother with 1gb 333 ram than 2gb of 266mhz ram in so ill stick with 1gb)

I get 30-40 fps on lowest detail including tweaks.. not good enough for my needs.
    If i upgrade my processor to a cheap dual core, say a AMD 4200+ X2, any idea what kind of frame rate increase I could expect?
    I have a socket 939.
    Whats the brandname and model of your motherboard?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    ok, here's what I have:

A64x2 3800+
    2GB
    8800gtx
    xp32bitsp2
    1920x1200x32 with everything high

getting 60fps capped

when I load my ati tv program, I see that fps drops to around 40fps

I further tested this by setting the affinity and bound the ATI tv program to cpu1 only and the UT3demo to cpu0 only...guess what? I still get around 40fps...

I'll let you decide what that means...

Leave a comment:

• replied
    any dual core should be a big plus, obviously a core duo would be best, but the ut3 engine makes full use of dual core

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Spend the cash on the Motherboard and pick a chip thats affordable. I usually get a board that can go higher than the chipset I buy, so later on, I can upgrade towards the upper end of the board's max chipset.

Sound and graphics are important as well. make sure they can sync up. Otherwise the game seems like a poorly lipsynced laggy commercial.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Intel Core 2 Duo E6600 "LGA775 Conroe" 2.40GHz (1066FSB) - Retail £124.99
    (£146.86

Intel Core 2 Duo E6750 "LGA775 Conroe" 2.66GHz (1333FSB) - Retail £106.99
    (£125.71)

www.overclockers.co.uk

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Wait for a better (or maybe full) release of the game, it will probably do better than this beta.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I have Amd x2 3800 toledo 939 @3.0ghz 300fsb 1.39v, get that one

Leave a comment:

• replied
    does any 1 know y the intel core two duo 2.66Ghz cost less than the 2.40ghz one :|

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I want to upgrade with as little cash and fuss
    I have a socket 939 board, and can get a 4200+ X2 for £50
    It will be a similar speed to my current one, just dual core, anyone know if it will make a big difference?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    If I where you I'd buy a Intel 6750 Core 2 Duo processor, it has the greatest price/prestation rate at the moment

Leave a comment:

• started a topic Advice required on processor

Advice required on processor

Ok so I'm thinking of going down the shop in about an hour to upgrade my processor.
    I currently have a single core 3700+ 2.2ghz (@2.5ghz)
    gf8800gts
    1gb 333mhz ram (funny it runs smoother with 1gb 333 ram than 2gb of 266mhz ram in so ill stick with 1gb)

I get 30-40 fps on lowest detail including tweaks.. not good enough for my needs.
    If i upgrade my processor to a cheap dual core, say a AMD 4200+ X2, any idea what kind of frame rate increase I could expect?
    I have a socket 939.
Working...
X