Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone else think UT3 is too Uncompetitive?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Anyone else think UT3 is too Uncompetitive?

    I really think they failed on the part of making UT3 a CPL / WGL / GTGL type of game.

    The core is there but it just lacks the backing to go with the core I think.

    -No UT comp style of mod I thought they would of finaly just done what they made a mod for and put it in the game they came close with the "Duel" feature but honestly dosnt even come close to comparing with the UT comp was.

    -No Clock for 1v1 or TDM or DM by default? Uhhh No clock to time powerups? So now we have to go off of instinct granted its easy after awhile of playing but still to be perfect that makes great players great players is now gone ...

    -No specing to demo games for other players to watch? Kinda odd

    -No special use of a weapon to greater improve your chance at a kill or no kill (Shield gun for sheild and for shield jumps)

    -Vehicles in a 1v1? Ummm okay..... Whoever gets in the Vehicle first wins? Boy hard stuff there

    I just feel as if they made this game too much for the normal everyday gamer and not the real hardcore gamers / clans that kept UT99 / UT2K3 / UT2K4 still running today... Anyone else see that or is it just me?

    #2
    I see it. Theres not much talent involved with picking the game up and becoming an average player right off the bat. I hate it. Every acpect of the game seems off to me. Sound, player movement, vehicles. Its awkward and doesn't feel right. I wanted a game that sorted out the skilled from the nOObs. UT is about kicking *** and not pandering to the average gamer so they can have fun too. I despise what theyve done to this game.

    SO (not trying to sound like a smartass) but yeah its ****. At least my little sister will have something fun for her to play.

    Steve Polge is the lead designer of the game and should be fired IMO. He had to have realized what type of game he was making during the development process. If he didnt he has no buisness as lead designer. Gears multiplayer is an environment where the skilled stand out. UT3 the skilled will fade in with the average.

    Get Cliffy B to take over and save yourselves from your biggest flop which is going to kill your fanbase. Delay it for 6 months and make it the game it should've been. I seriously won't consider buying another game from EPIC unless Cliffy B is the lead.

    Wake me up is this a joke?! How can you go from Gears of War! to this?????????

    insult me all you want guys. Blood sees this BS.

    Comment


      #3
      I kinda agree with you there, take the Heatray dm for instance. Looks like a awensome 1on1 map to me, it has a shieldbelt to time, armor, etc.

      But the vehicle spoils it.

      IMO, they shud add an option to disable/enable vehicles for servers, else we're gonna have to mod the maps ourselves. Vehicles should be there indeed, for those who want it, but there are also plenty of players who don't want it.

      The clock also seems important, but a competitive mod like UTcomp or something might be able to add a timer on the hud. (if not, I'm gonna buy a stopwatch )

      Now on another note... the new flak cannon rules

      Comment


        #4
        Originally posted by Bloodcraze[M] View Post
        I really think they failed on the part of making UT3 a CPL / WGL / GTGL type of game.
        How many people really give a rats *** about this? Epic always said that more people played UT2K4 offline than ever played online. After all the time they spent on this they need to make their money back and then some and they need to appeal and sell to the masses to do that...

        I just feel as if they made this game too much for the normal everyday gamer and not the real hardcore gamers / clans
        Because that's where the money is, the great unwashed masses...

        Comment


          #5
          Originally posted by [TT]BrundleFly View Post
          How many people really give a rats *** about this? Epic always said that more people played UT2K4 offline than ever played online. After all the time they spent on this they need to make their money back and then some and they need to appeal and sell to the masses to do that...

          Because that's where the money is, the great unwashed masses...

          and we should really trust Epic when they say that, without further proof. Or the fact that it simply plays into their ability to shoot a game out with really developing it just make the game launch it and let it set on its haunches living off the name.

          Electronic Arts and Madden franchise ring a bell?

          Comment


            #6
            Originally posted by AngryGumball View Post
            and we should really trust Epic when they say that, without further proof. Or the fact that it simply plays into their ability to shoot a game out with really developing it just make the game launch it and let it set on its haunches living off the name.

            Electronic Arts and Madden franchise ring a bell?
            But what does Epic have to prove? It's only ever about the money. Not the customers, employees, etc. Just how much the owners/shareholders can suck out of it, so they have to sell to the lowest common denominator, the average gamer with mediocre hardware...

            Comment


              #7
              Couldn't disagree more. It's an awesome game.

              The darkwalker in Heatray is basically another powerup, like the shield and the armour. It's really easy to get out of its way, and it can't easily get to the back of the map, so hang around there and pick off other players till the walker is toast. Or better yet, time it like any any other powerup and get it yourself. If you can't handle that, you suck.

              It's completely stupid to think they would design a game that is tailor made for "hardcore" players. Sure, a few stalwarts still keep UT99 alive. But it cost millions of dollars to make and market UT3. They have to hit a wide audience, period. Welcome to reality.

              Now go back to 2K4 where you belong.

              --Freeform

              Comment


                #8
                Other then having a very poor score board with little info, allot of the competitive elements are there.

                -Highly visible skins
                -Easy to see and hear positive hits on opponents
                -High damage to promote aggressive tactics as opposed to ut2004 defensive tactics.

                Out of the box this seems quite competitively set, other then lacking good 1v1 maps with the demo. Spectating will likely be in the game after they fix the browsers.

                The clock can be turned on in the menu.....
                [shot]http://i70.photobucket.com/albums/i103/rahkogen/Screenshots/ScreenShot00001.jpg[/shot]

                Comment


                  #9
                  Originally posted by Freeform View Post
                  Couldn't disagree more. It's an awesome game.

                  The darkwalker in Heatray is basically another powerup, like the shield and the armour. It's really easy to get out of its way, and it can't easily get to the back of the map, so hang around there and pick off other players till the walker is toast. Or better yet, time it like any any other powerup and get it yourself. If you can't handle that, you suck.

                  It's completely stupid to think they would design a game that is tailor made for "hardcore" players. Sure, a few stalwarts still keep UT99 alive. But it cost millions of dollars to make and market UT3. They have to hit a wide audience, period. Welcome to reality.

                  Now go back to 2K4 where you belong.

                  --Freeform
                  Yeppers, I agree.

                  Comment


                    #10
                    Originally posted by Freeform View Post
                    Couldn't disagree more. It's an awesome game.

                    The darkwalker in Heatray is basically another powerup, like the shield and the armour. It's really easy to get out of its way, and it can't easily get to the back of the map, so hang around there and pick off other players till the walker is toast. Or better yet, time it like any any other powerup and get it yourself. If you can't handle that, you suck.

                    It's completely stupid to think they would design a game that is tailor made for "hardcore" players. Sure, a few stalwarts still keep UT99 alive. But it cost millions of dollars to make and market UT3. They have to hit a wide audience, period. Welcome to reality.

                    Now go back to 2K4 where you belong.

                    --Freeform
                    Yup -- what you and RKG said. And the dark walker is so easy to kill. Just get underneath it and shoot it until it dies. Then pick up the damage amp it drops.

                    Comment


                      #11
                      idd,
                      The gameplay is quite competitive and good already.

                      Don't forget it's just a beta.

                      Comment


                        #12
                        I would have thought a competitive gamer will look at the settings and find "Show Clock" between the very few options this game in it's current state gives.

                        Comment


                          #13
                          Sounds like someone got pwned

                          Comment


                            #14
                            Originally posted by armagon917 View Post
                            I see it. Theres not much talent involved with picking the game up and becoming an average player right off the bat. I hate it. Every acpect of the game seems off to me. Sound, player movement, vehicles. Its awkward and doesn't feel right. I wanted a game that sorted out the skilled from the nOObs. UT is about kicking *** and not pandering to the average gamer so they can have fun too. I despise what theyve done to this game.
                            Easy to pick up the game? Why thats great, thats how the games are supposed to be: easy to learn hard to master thats what skill is all about. Don't like it don't play it. Just for the fun of it what games do you think DO sort out skilled from the noobs?

                            Comment


                              #15
                              Originally posted by armagon917 View Post
                              I wanted a game that sorted out the skilled from the nOObs. UT is about kicking *** and not pandering to the average gamer so they can have fun too.
                              I dunno.. I think the only people saying this are the one's who were good at previous UT games, and with their skill in those games had the competitive edge over the average competition. It seems like now they don't like it because at the moment everyone is at a level playing field, still getting used to the new game and refining their skills. I think in time there will be very skilled players that emerge that will "sort out the skilled from the n00bs". This is just my opinion based on what I've read in other threads/posts.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X