Looks worse than UT99

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looks worse than UT99

Hi, I just installed UT3 Demo and wow....

I know my settings are all at minimum, but I just want to know why it looks like Doom 95?

Thanks.

Because your settings are at minimum...?

Comment

I know, but UT99 at minimum looks like Doom 95, I was thinking UT3 at minimum should look like UT99 at max or something...

Comment

Ummm, no. Often newer games look worse than older games on high settings. Epic nor any other financially savvy company is going to waste so much time making tons of hand-craft low-detail meshes, low-res textures, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Spoudazo View Post
          Ummm, no. Often newer games look worse than older games on high settings. Epic nor any other financially savvy company is going to waste so much time making tons of hand-craft low-detail meshes, low-res textures, etc.

Why not arent they ment to make the game for everyone good pc or not so good pc users

Comment

Originally posted by DSLethal
            This game will be a complete bust. 100%
            and your GREAT insight comes from what? 18 years of age and 6 posts?

Comment

Weird thing that even tho it looks like a game from the early 90's, my FPS is a jolly good 8?????

Comment

Figure out how to change settings (or at the very least, research how you might improve it) and stop moaning people.

The scaling is probably set to 50% in advanced settings, which makes the game look like it is running in software mode. I figured this out in 5 minutes.

Comment

Originally posted by NitrousOxide View Post
                  Weird thing that even tho it looks like a game from the early 90's, my FPS is a jolly good 8?????
                  xDDD I dont know about 8, 30, 15 least. Sisne I can play UT2004 on highest settings with 60-100+ average on most standard maps include onslaught I expected better results than I got in UT3, I personal;ly expected to look like atleast UT2004 normals settings or just below.

Comment

and remember this is the BETA DEMO

Comment

Yah I kept that in mind but brutal have you seeeen it ?!!!

Comment

go buy a ps3, you babies

Comment

Originally posted by Elitesoldier View Post
                          go buy a ps3, you babies
                          Thats uncalled for.

Comment

na not the same PC FTW forever.

Just to become the envy of all you other UT players :>

Comment

Originally posted by NitrousOxide View Post
                              Hi, I just installed UT3 Demo and wow....

I know my settings are all at minimum, but I just want to know why it looks like Doom 95?

Thanks.
                              What are the specs of your system? Making a post like this without explaining what your system specs are isn't very helpful for us or you.

Comment

Working...
                              X