Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Quality Dedicated DEMO Server up and running!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How did you get that server to say 32/128 in the browser window ??

Thx !

Comment

What command line are you using?? i cat get this **** thing to work! Please Help

Comment

Originally posted by Cainslair View Post
        How did you get that server to say 32/128 in the browser window ??

Thx !
        Changed a setting in the cmd kinda as a joke.. 32 is actually the max but it kinda makes it stick out a little

Comment

Originally posted by (A.S.S)Banshee View Post
          What command line are you using?? i cat get this **** thing to work! Please Help

server DM-HeatRay?numpublicconnections=128?gamemode=0?goalsc ore=30?timelimit=30?serverdescription=www.dfbgamin g.com?game=UTGame.UTDeathMatch? -login=XXXXX -password=XXXXX -multihome=209.51.200.250 -port=8888

Were using WinDbg to start it up cause it didn't want to start up correctly in Windows 2003.. Xp and Vista seems to start up fine.. Since are dedicated server runs 2003 XP and Vista were not an option.

Comment

Thanks Alot Matt Ill go give it a try

Comment

Thx Matt, most appreciated.

Where/how did you set the 32 maxplayers for real ???

And do you have a mapcycle, or just one map ???

Take care, and thanks again !!

- Cain

Comment

how and what type of box is this server setup on??? PLZ share ur info!!!

Comment

Hey Matt...the command line works but nobody can join? any ideas?? heres the commandline im using

UT3Demo server DM-HeatRay?Numpublicconnections=24?GameMode=0?Goalsco re=30?timelimit=30?ServerDescription="(A.S.S)ClanG aming"?game=UTGame.UTDeathMatch? -log=DedicatedServer.log -login=XXXX -password=XXXXX -multihome=74.86.140.173 -port=8888

Comment

If it's the 32/128 players server, I love it so much! All those people and no lag and nice ping. Where's that server location exactly?

Chicago or something?

Comment

Matt went to bed - sorry guys. From what he told me the 32/128 thing is faked/a joke - that's how I understood it. I'll remind him to come back and check this thread as soon as I see him online again. The server is located in central Ohio. I believe the game server runs on Win2k3 but I'm not sure on the processor. Matt can correct me/kick my butt later if I'm wrong

Comment

Well I got the server running too... can't see it in server browser though. Not even in LAN mode. I wonder if Matt's server is on DMZ to get this to work right.

I forwarded all the ports 27900, 27902, 7777, 7787, 7788, and 42292 both UDP and TCP

Also after the first few times the console looked fine but now I'm getting:

Init: Game engine initialized
                        Log: Initializing Game Engine Completed
                        Error: Can't start an online game that hasn't been created
                        ScriptLog: START MATCH
                        Exit: closesocket error (0)
                        Exit: UTcpNetDriver shut down

when my server starts.

Comment

I can't play UT3 on my comp. It crashes. Time for a new computer!! Still love UT99.

Comment

Originally posted by {dFb}GreenMan View Post
                            I can't play UT3 on my comp. It crashes. Time for a new computer!! Still love UT99.
                            What are your specs? You know there's an entire forum for beta demo feedback here: http://utforums.epicgames.com/forumdisplay.php?f=336 - I've seen some people reportedly playing the demo on some pretty old hardware

Comment

Originally posted by Sniff3000 View Post
                              how and what type of box is this server setup on??? PLZ share ur info!!!

Intel Core 2 Duo Processor E6420, 2.2GHz, 1066MHz FSB, 4 MB L2 Cache
                              2GB DDR2 RAM,
                              2 x 250 SATA HDD,
                              Windows 2003 Standard

Comment

Allmost exact specs as mine..How come our server you cant connect to?..I can join your server just fine..Im lost

Comment

Working...
                                X