UT3 demo connection problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UT3 demo connection problems

Anyone else unable to connect to most of the servers? Whats causing this, all my friends and i are having problems with this. The servers we do get into are super laggy. any fixes to this?

Originally posted by coagulated View Post
    Anyone else unable to connect to most of the servers? Whats causing this, all my friends and i are having problems with this. The servers we do get into are super laggy. any fixes to this?
    Yes same problem here, whenever I try to join a server It says connecting and nothing really happens so I have to cancel and try joining another server and keep doing it until I find a server I can am able to join and once I join it lags alot for me

edit: this needs to be in the Beta Demo Feedback section.

Comment

A server you can see but not connect to is very likely a listen server behind a firewall.

Comment

Originally posted by Entropy View Post
        A server you can see but not connect to is very likely a listen server behind a firewall.
        They're all like that, and even dedicated once, I just connected to a dedicated server and 2 frags later "Lost connection", the server browser lists players and ping by numerals not value, 11 2 44 69 7 etc, no one can play online atm.

There aren't any flags to distinguish dedicated and listened servers.

Comment

90% are listen servers. Look in the bottom left box in the server browser. It's at the top of the list.

Comment

a dedicated server can also be behind that same firewall tbh

Comment

Funny thing about this phenomenon, it's like the whole Cabbage Patch Kids situation in the early 80's. There's be a mad rush to get them before Christmas, and there would inevitably be long lines, and people complaining about the long lines and lack of dolls. But that's what happens when a popular item is released and there are just complications because of the high demand.

Things will smooth out in the next few days.

Comment

Originally posted by KriLL3.8™ View Post
                They're all like that, and even dedicated once, I just connected to a dedicated server and 2 frags later "Lost connection", the server browser lists players and ping by numerals not value, 11 2 44 69 7 etc, no one can play online atm.

There aren't any flags to distinguish dedicated and listened servers.
                word!
                It kicked me out of the game like that several times...

Comment

Working...
                X