Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SimonC View Post
    might be the 2k players turn to whine and not play
    I think it's been clear for long that UT99 players are the masters of whining about changes. UT2x players can actually adatp to changes.

Comment

Originally posted by mossa View Post
      who will be better at adapting, who knows... read the other threads

no shild gun to hide behind as you run away... UT was always in your face scrapping, 2k3/2k4 changed that... so I do suspect many players who have only played 2k4 will find it hard at least at the start...

so looking forward to the challenge
      the thing is when ut99 was released i dident even have a pc.. :P

by the time ut2003 was released i have a pc good enough to use... so im a "UT2" player.. but since ive been reading the forums here in wait of the ut3 release i have changed the way i play ut2004.. the only time i ever use shield gun now is if im 4v1 on TAM.. i also dont do the insane sidestep jumps unless its for getting to places otherwise unaccesable.

People who have the basic's will adapt ok.. people who have played alot of fast paced fps will adapt very fast.. (se Fatal1ty) it will take me a couple of days..

Comment

Originally posted by da ghost View Post
        2k players, because UT99 players will find out that it's not an exact replica of UT99, and go whine and play UT99 instead.
        I loled.

Comment

I think it was harder to get a head shot in 2k4 than UT99.

Having said that they've all said it plays more like UT99 so I'm going to say UT99 players will have the initial advantage. That will change after a short period of time though. Good players will get the hang of it fast.

Comment

well considering its supposedly harder to get a headshot in ut2k4 then it "might" be in ut3.. ut2k4 will have a slight advantige there.. depinding if you get alot of them in ut2k4.

Comment

I think that the UT99 vets will just run around complaining, and will setup their own servers that no one else will play on hehe.

TBH I think its guna be a change for everyone and no one will have the upper had as it were, its a new game and should be tret as such.

Comment

Originally posted by Nacher View Post
                I think it's been clear for long that UT99 players are the masters of whining about changes. UT2x players can actually adatp to changes.
                Exactly, took the words right out of my mouth. If we didn't mind switching from UT99 to 2k* - what makes u think we can't switch back from 2k* to old school?

Comment

Obviously the more skilled players, wether they come from UT99 or UT2K4, will have easier time adapting to UT3 mainly because of the absence of the shieldgun ( Thank you Epic! ). No more running behind corners with shieldgun and spamming combos/flak, the gameplay will be more dynamic and skill based, meaning aim, thinking, suprising the enemy. you cant rely on the shieldgun to absorb damage any more so it will all come to skill in the bottom line.

I think that thats what made UT99 a better game then UT2Kx and that UT99 players wont have any trouble with UT3, so far i've been given the impression that it's much more UT'ish then UT2kx and i believe that most of the UT99 players will love it, considering it has an awesome gameplay as the other games in the series had, which i believe it will.

Comment

cant wait..... will be skilled...... a month of training..... sweet

Comment

Probably one of the many Q3/Q4 pros coming in going to pwn it all

Just one off-topic suggestion:
                      - UT2k3/UT2k4
                      - UT2003/UT2004
                      - UT2kx
                      - UT200(3/4)

They are basically two patches of the same game. And since the series is now dubbed
                      in sequence (1-2-3), and part of the name is "UT2" anyway, how about we just call it "UT2"?

Comment

Actually... I think people who played both UT99 and UT2003~UT2004 will do better @ start. The advantage of being used to the extremely fast paced action from UT99... The movements (and vehicles for those who played gametypes with some in it) of UT2004...

Let the artists do their art EPIC... let the killers enter the tournament !

Comment

Originally posted by da ghost View Post
                          2k players, because UT99 players will find out that it's not an exact replica of UT99, and go whine and play UT99 instead.
                          LOL ^^^^

But in all seriousness, I don't think that it matters. A good player is a good player, regardless of whether they are coming from UT99 or 2k4 (and vice versa).

Comment

::rolls eyes::

To all bashers of UT99 ..or 2kx
                            get over it.
                            We'll see who'll be whining and who "adapts". Its actually funny to hear 2kx'ers talk about adapting, when adaptation had nothing to do with UT99'ers dislike of 2kx series. (Here let me add a chuckle as so many others did about UT99'er bashing and then try to come clean with "but seriously we're all UT fans ..blah blah blah")
                            I'm hoping there will be no need for anyone to "whine" (nor bash) and just have one freakin big bada$$ bloody endless fragfest for all players! Put your fraggin fingers where your mouths talk the talk! Kill, Kill, KILL!

Intentsly

Comment

Had a retarded thread like this at Prou. Amazing how similar this place and that place are.....

Comment

Working...
                              X