Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unreal Ed: Physics Question

Hey every1,

i know everybody is all hyped up about the beta demo being released for FilePlanet subscribers (although, everything doesnt seem to be going to plan due to them being locked), but i have a question:

will the UnrealEd now have water physics?

(ie: water volumes change shape to fill whatever they are in, like real water)

I doubt it, for one thing I understand that PhysX doesn't do jack squat for handling anything related to water physics.

planning on making a water balloon fight mod?

Comment

nope. planning to make a killer warfare map that involves the ability to flood the center node.... but looks like that might not happen

Comment

I've heard that in some stock Warfare maps u can trigger special events like flood or landslide, whatever...
        So maybe you could do what u wanted.

Comment

i knew that, but i meant custom shaped water volumes.... ty anyways

Comment

Originally posted by Green_Day_584 View Post
            i knew that, but i meant custom shaped water volumes.... ty anyways
            Doesn't a moving cube work, where the unneeded parts of the volume are outside the map?

Comment

Yes! TY

Originally posted by fuegerstef View Post
              Doesn't a moving cube work, where the unneeded parts of the volume are outside the map?
              that would be an awsome idea..... hmm.... maybe a script could tell it to move?

Comment

I dare say it will be included in the game some where

Comment

hell, i just want the demo! then i can see what sort of texturing experience i will need to make suitable texes for mods (mods can wait.... when it comes, PLAYTIME )

Comment

Working...
                  X