This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fileplanet DEMO preload updating time has changed from 24 hours to 6

Previously, it would update every 24 hours, but now if you force an update using the Download Manager, it changes to 6 (SIX) hours.

This could mean a number of things, but one thing it does not mean is that the demo will be coming on Monday. In fact, typically when the time changes overall, then that means the demo is not far away (i.e. FilePlanet has certain knowledge of when it'll be released and/or is in the process of distributing the file already, just waiting for it to be available on all servers before allowing preloaders to preload the file... hence the shortening in auto-updating time).

So... though I am not Epic, I'd have to say that tomorrow is probably the day the demo officially comes out.

Discuss (or ***** about FilePlanet).

yup got the same thing, was just gonna post about it

Comment

you can down
      load the demo now ?

Comment

same here, i have high hopes!!!!!

Comment

Its already friday over here in UK so it should be out TODAY!

Comment

Originally posted by Brutal View Post
            you can down
            load the demo now ?
            No -- he's saying that Fileplanet's software acting weird suggests Fileplanet anticipates a release *tomorrow*.

Comment

Originally posted by Phopojijo View Post
              No -- he's saying that Fileplanet's software acting weird suggests Fileplanet anticipates a release *tomorrow*.
              It isn't acting wierd. The timeframe for autoupdate has changed. They're expecting a worthy update (i.e. downloadable content) to be available in six hours.

Comment

they stink, they won't release it tommorrow.. I have a feeling they wont

Comment

Ill get up at 9 just like I did two days ago for another box of games..

Comment

Originally posted by happycat View Post
                    It isn't acting wierd. The timeframe for autoupdate has changed. They're expecting a worthy update (i.e. downloadable content) to be available in six hours.
                    I didn't mean acting weird in the glitchy sense. I meant it changed quickly without formal reasoning.

And I bought that box of games too... only to realize I'd need to wait a day to install them since the *2 DVDs* were only an online-download coupon apparently.

Comment

Originally posted by zinger View Post
                      Its already friday over here in UK so it should be out TODAY!
                      ever think that since it is still Friday at Epic on in North Carolina that what time it is where you are might not matter?

Comment

In 6hrs it will be 3am.

I am pulling an all nighter just to see what happens.

Comment

Originally posted by Flybye View Post
                          In 6hrs it will be 3am.

I am pulling an all nighter just to see what happens.
                          same LOL

Comment

Next check for availability: 5hrs

Comment

All nighters? Pft! I'm going to go get drunk!

I was going to go get drunk anyways, but that's not the point.

Comment

Working...
                              X