Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are current cards 8800 GTS/GTX expected to max?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Are current cards 8800 GTS/GTX expected to max?

Are the current high-end parts expected to max UT3? Have any devs said anything about this?

I normally play at 1680x1050 (22" LCD native res.), got the E6850, 4gigs of DDR6400, and I'm up in the air between buying an 8800 GTS640 or the 8800GTX. Normally I'd shoot for a GTX, but it is pretty late in the 8800's life cycle, and I'll feel like a dip**** in 3 months time when the next gen's high-end part is out for the same price as the current GTX. But, I might still buy the GTX if it really has a significant increase (like 10-20 more FPS on average over the 8800GTS640). From what I've seen in crysis beta opinions, it's not much.

Dude, with your rig paired up with a 8800GTX, you can get maximum settings. There's no question about it.

Comment

Devs have stated that no personal computer around today (8800GTX or otherwise) will rawk at max settings.

Comment

Yes, no PERSONAL comp will run UT3 at max.

I, however, have a synchrotron as a monitor, a flux capacitor, a Giga-core CPU, and a 1000 ft power grid to power my rig.

Comment

i just got an 8800 gts320 and it runs crysis beta on all the high settings (not the same as the very high settings) with no probs...i would think the gtx will be killer...however if you wanna wait a short time, the new 9x series cards are supposed to be coming out soon. so it might be well worth it to wait and get the next generation card

Comment

Originally posted by Ceil View Post
            Devs have stated that no personal computer around today (8800GTX or otherwise) will rawk at max settings.
            They also said they defined "max" settings as everything up @ like 1440P

Cripes folks, the demo's coming in a matter of *days*. Can y'all wait?

Comment

Hopefully an 8800GTX will be able to run everything maxed at 1280x1024. For higher res, you'll probably need SLI.

Comment

Originally posted by NitrousOxide View Post
                Yes, no PERSONAL comp will run UT3 at max.

I, however, have a synchrotron as a monitor, a flux capacitor, a Giga-core CPU, and a 1000 ft power grid to power my rig.

Now Thats Funny!!!! roflmfao

Comment

The 8800GTX will definantly run it at max setting for 1280x1024, dont know bout anything above that tho... you'd probably be pushing it.

Comment

Originally posted by Stage View Post
                    i just got an 8800 gts320 and it runs crysis beta on all the high settings (not the same as the very high settings) with no probs...i would think the gtx will be killer...however if you wanna wait a short time, the new 9x series cards are supposed to be coming out soon. so it might be well worth it to wait and get the next generation card
                    Don't believe what this dude says. The beta limits VRAM and system RAM to 256MB and 512MB respectively, so it's not going to run nice at all. The Crysis beta is about the poorest indicator of how your PC will stack up.

Comment

He said there might be trouble for resoultions of 1920x1200 and up, you should be able to max it at 1024x1280 though

Comment

Originally posted by Drintion View Post
                        you should be able to max it at 1024x1280 though
                        If you have a vertical screen.

You mean 1280x1024, 1440x900 or 1280x800 are 16:10 (1920x1600 = 16:10)

Comment

Have you tried the BioShock Demo? It's free and heavily uses UE3. I'm sure that would be a good indication of how you would stack up. Then again it doesn't really have any outdoor maps, but it uses lots of eye candy.

Comment

Originally posted by KriLL3.8™ View Post

Forgive me, I know not what I say

I only know the main resoultions: 800x600, 1024x768, 1024x1280 and 1600x1200

Comment

Originally posted by KriLL3.8™ View Post

Man, it was obvious what he meant... Why do you always have to be so pretentous and condecending? It is very unlikable.....

Comment

Working...
                              X