Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sacrifice to destroy Orb?

Huh? Is this something new?

In the event that an enemy orb is dropped near your base, you can choose to sacrifice yourself to immediately destroy the orb, ensuring that a random player won't come along and scoop it up for an easy score. This self-sacrifice actually earns you a point, encouraging players to help out their team in this way.
    http://www.shacknews.com/featuredart...?id=614&page=1

No, that was announced some time ago. In one of the video interviews, if I remember correctly.

Comment

Is this just the suicide bind? or an actual feature of the gametype?

Comment

Oh ok, yea I havent been looking at these forums 24/7.... Thanks.

Comment

No, that was announced some time ago. In one of the video interviews, if I remember correctly.
          Not from any video's I've seen. And I've seen a fair few of them... you got a link.

Does it mention if the destroyed orb is now permanently destroyed (or at least for that round?)

Comment

Originally posted by subby99 View Post
            Is this just the suicide bind? or an actual feature of the gametype?
            No, you just touch it. Then it resets and you die

Comment

When a Red player carrying the orb dies, the orb is dropped there. At that point several thigns can happen - Another red player can quickly pick it up and continue on with the orb, the orb can sit on the ground for somewhere around 10 seconds (dont recall the exact timing) then will automatically be returned to the red base, or lastly, a blue player can run up and touch the orb, causing it to be imediately reset to the red base, and killing said blue player - taking one for the team

Comment

Yeah, you can see a timer on it counting down. You have to run up to it and press E (default) to pick it up, thus killing yourself and sending it back to the closest enemy orb spawn.

Comment

When the Midway guy used feing to fall of a hoverboard a timer showed over the orb, the reset time I'm guessing, seemed to be quite quick.

Comment

Originally posted by Blaaguuu View Post
                    When a Red player carrying the orb dies, the orb is dropped there. At that point several thigns can happen - Another red player can quickly pick it up and continue on with the orb, the orb can sit on the ground for somewhere around 10 seconds (dont recall the exact timing) then will automatically be returned to the red base, or lastly, a blue player can run up and touch the orb, causing it to be imediately reset to the red base, and killing said blue player - taking one for the team

Ahh good explanation. Sounds like a good idea, taking one for the team.

Comment

Originally posted by hal View Post
                      You have to run up to it and press E (default) to pick it up, thus killing yourself and sending it back to the closest enemy orb spawn.
                      That's news.

I would have assumed you'd just have to run over it, like your own flag.

I wonder if they changed that to be the same? Nah... someone would have mentioned that.

The Orbs and Flags share a lot of other properties though...

Comment

Originally posted by Xyx View Post
                        No, you just touch it. Then it resets and you die
                        Thank god you replied, i was starting to think no one reads the info anymore..

Comment

Originally posted by Mort_Q View Post
                          That's news.

I would have assumed you'd just have to run over it, like your own flag.

I wonder if they changed that to be the same? Nah... someone would have mentioned that.

The Orbs and Flags share a lot of other properties though...
                          Yeah, but when you return the enemy flag you don't die!

You have to actually pick up the orb by pressing a key like I said. Otherwise I'm sure someone would find something especially stupid to do with it.

Comment

Originally posted by hal View Post
                            You have to run up to it and press E (default) to pick it up, thus killing yourself and sending it back to the closest enemy orb spawn.
                            That's new indeed. I remember Epic saying they sometimes threw the orb at an enemy to kill him. Wouldn't work if they first had to pick it up.

Comment

Originally posted by Xyx View Post
                              I remember Epic saying they sometimes threw the orb at an enemy to kill him.
                              Hehe.. I guess that's why.

Comment

Working...
                              X