This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What would be best to upgrade in PC

Okay, i REALLY need to upgrade something in my computer, but i don't really know what would give me the best result.

my pc looks like this (from the scan with Everest):

CPU: AMD Sempron, 1818 MHz (9 x 202) 3100+
    RAM: 1GB
    Graph card: Radeon X1650 Series Secondary (512MB)
    :Radeon X1650 Series (512MB)
    --

If you need more information, then let me know

Everything.

Comment

Originally posted by KriLL3.8™ View Post
      Everything.
      +1 ...........................

Comment

Your processor is the worst

Comment

Code:
          Minimum System Requirements:
              * Windows XP SP2, Windows Vista, Mac OS X v10.4, or Linux
              * 2.0+ GHZ Single Core Processor
              * 512 Mbytes of System RAM
              * NVIDIA 6200+ or ATI Radeon 9600+ Video Card
              * 8 GB of Free Hard Drive Space

Recommended System Requirements:

* 2.4+ GHZ Dual Core Processor
              * 1 GBytes of System RAM
              * NVIDIA 7800GTX+ or ATI x1300+ Video Card
              * 8 GB of Free Hard Drive Space
          Make your own conclusions.

Comment

Poor you!

Comment

Do you have a 939 mobo?

Because AMD has just cut prices on many of thier processors. You can get an AMD Athlon X2 4000+ for about $50 now.

Good luck... You're gonna need it.

Comment

atleast you can play ut2k4 while we're all playing ut3

Comment

Originally posted by Modulus View Post
                  Do you have a 939 mobo?

Because AMD has just cut prices on many of thier processors. You can get an AMD Athlon X2 4000+ for about $50 now.
                  That would help alot. An extra GB of memory should help not hammering your harddrive, mandatory IMHO if you're running Vista, but not that important.

edit: your graphics card is good; I just checked against this chart:
                  http://www.tomshardware.com/2007/10/...ney/page6.html
                  With SLI, it should be well above the official "recommended".

Sorry I gave bad advice before.

Comment

Here's the good old:

MORE RAM

Comment

Theres more important things than RAM at this point, Simeon.

Comment

most important is definitely his processor

Comment

well, that gives me a pretty good idea... all three things must be removed...
                          would this be something near recommended??

processor: AMD Athlon 62 3500+ 2.2GHz / 128 L1 Cache
                          ram:2x 1GB (2GB) / DUAL RAM / DDR II SDRAM / PC2-5300Cl4 / 667 MHz /
                          graph: ATI FireGL V5200 / PCI Express x16 / 256 MB GDDR3 SDRAM

Comment

Gotta reall get a dual core processor for all games from now on.
                            I'm probly gonna end up upgrading my 3800+ single core to a simiar dual core.
                            Sell mine for £15-20, buy a X2 4200+ for £45
                            They gonna come down more tho, so I'm waiting a little

Comment

I concur, the CPU isn´t really going to handle the amount of information it has to cope with in UT3 very well. You should try getting yourself some decent dual core Processor, doesn´t need to be one of the really fast ones, i´d look for the smallest dual core AMD has to offer. I think that should be the best bang for the buck with the announced pricecuts on AMDs X2 Processors. And the Mainboards for AMDs CPUs come relatively cheap too compared to prices of mainboards for Intel CPUs.

Only downside there is you would have to upgrade to DDR2 RAM and would not be able to use your old DDR RAM, as the memory controller in AMD Systems is integrated into the CPU, so there is no way, you can take those old DDR RAM chips on to the new Rig.

And of course i hope that Radeon X1650 is a PCIexpress Graphics card, otherwise you would have a really hard time finding a mainboard that is still supporting AGP Slot.

I would roughly estimate the cost for a new AMD X2 CPU+1GB of DDR2 Ram+ mainboard starting at around 140 €.

But it all depends on how fit you see yourself to exchange all these Parts of your system. If you have never exchanged anything in your System yet yourself and don´t really have a clue at what is at stake when you are fiddling around with the interiors of your computer you oughta get some help from a local friend who is experienced in such things, otherwise you are in for a tough learning experience that could ruin your day.

Comment

Working...
                              X