Survival mutator

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    I saw the game description for this in one of the .int files, it mentioned trying to survive wave after wave making it sound like Invasion.

But if Epic has described it as a 1v1 mutator that sounds like a lot of fun and could get pretty crazy.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Ultron View Post
    Hey that's me! (I had three of my questions answered, IIRC)
    I only had one. Bunch o' spanners.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hey that's me! (I had three of my questions answered, IIRC)

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Never have played it but hope i get to

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by cydonian View Post
    your guess is as good as mine. Either way we will know soon enough
    That perfectly describes duel, and Epic called it duel in their BU chat.

Ultron: What can you tell us about Duel?
    [bu]hal`: so how about that Duel gametype... what can you tell us about that
    [EPIC]Mysterial: it's 1v1 with built in queue support
    [EPIC]Mysterial: it defaults to our standard 1v1 rules
    [BU]DeathBooger: is there a tournament structure?
    [EPIC]Mysterial: no
    [EPIC]Mysterial: it's just a linear queue, winner stays, loser goes back to the end

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by KriLL3.8™ View Post
    I'm not sure, I doubt duel and survivor are connected, I think it's a mutator for DM.
    Yeah I think that would make the most sense anyway.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Quote from PlanetUnreal
    "Mutators, of course, will be plentiful. Instagib is a must, and big head is back. There’s also a new one called survival. Effectively it sets up a server for 1 versus 1 duels. Players queue up to challenge whoever it was that won the previous fight."
    your guess is as good as mine. Either way we will know soon enough

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I'm not sure, I doubt duel and survivor are connected, I think it's a mutator for DM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by ne_skaju View Post
    What is survival mutator?
    According to hal at the BU forums:
    "One gametype we didn’t get to play was Duel, which essentially allows you to set up a queue of spectating players that take on the winner of the current deathmatch. Survival is the name of a mutator shipping with the game that might become popular in Dual. Survival eliminates the need for spectators having to wait for an entire game to elapse by switching out the fragged player with one from the queue while the winner remains."

Although reading this again, I'm slightly confused by the last sentence. The way it's written seems pretty counter-intuitive or redundant. Does he mean that the mutator "eliminates the need for spectators having to wait for an entire game to elapse INSTEAD OF switching out the fragged player with one from the queue while the winner remains."??

Leave a comment:

• replied
    What is survival mutator?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I loved LMS with Instagib in UT99. It went really fast, but it was fun. I'm glad that it will be in UT3.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I'm a LMS fan since UT99. Played it almost exclusively. Looking forward to Survival mode and Duel.

Leave a comment:

• started a topic Survival mutator

Survival mutator

As a diehard LMS fan, I am relieved to learn about the inclusion of the survival mutator . This is good news for our small community!

Anyone know if this includes all weaps + no powerups? Think you'll be able to select these options in the mutator config?
Working...
X