Warfare with 0 cores

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Warfare with 0 cores

Is it possible to make warfare maps that have 0 nodes, but instead require you to move a certain vehicle to a specific spot (for one specific team)? Or is it hardcoded that you can only win when the unshielded main core is destroyed?

In the past interview videos i remember hearing that warfare will be very map dependent on how its built. Warfare is a mix between onslaught and assault, it might be possible.

Comment

Even if it isn't possible I bet you can script an event that either substitutes the core blowing up or makes a core you can't access somewhere get blown up.

Comment

I'm asking since a review I read that mentions how 'different' it is, and that one side starts out with completly opposite stuff, but still mentioned that both sides still had a node... I would love it if it was possible for no nodes at all

but I guess we'll see.
        100% assault player here

Comment

BeyondUnreal Interviews: Steve Polge

With the flexible warfare objective system, level designers can create levels that play like classic Onslaught or classic Assault.
          Seems so.........

Comment

You could easily set up a Node- or Core-free Warfare map using Kismet. Because of the way the system works, they'd probably have to be in the map somwhere (for the game to register them) but not somewhere that players would ever have to see or interact with. There's even options to override the default messages so that instead of saying "Defend the Prime Node" you could record one to say "Fly the Cow over the Moon" and it would work just dandy.

Comment

god i cant wait to make my own warfare map. sounds so great the possabilities

Comment

You may have left out Assault but at least I have hope the community will make some decent maps, I'd be up for some UT99 AS map remakes right about now...

Comment

Heh, my guess was correct, that must happen sooner or later I guess.

Comment

Originally posted by Entropy View Post
                    ...There's even options to override the default messages [in WAR using Kismet] so that instead of saying "Defend the Prime Node" you could record one to say "Fly the Cow over the Moon" and it would work just dandy.
                    Hey, there's a cool map idea; thanks Jim!! ;P

Originally posted by DigitalBacon View Post
                    You may have left out Assault but at least I have hope the community will make some decent maps, I'd be up for some UT99 AS map remakes right about now...
                    Assault wasn't left out; it was merged with ONS and made more flexible to make something greater!

WAR > AS + ONS

Comment

Originally posted by DigitalBacon View Post
                      Paging Glau and Ven....

Comment

Originally posted by xentrumx View Post
                        god i cant wait to make my own warfare map. sounds so great the possabilities
                        Same I haven't seen that much of the new editor and Kismet (except a few screenshots) so it'll be fun to play with the new tools

Comment

Originally posted by Entropy View Post
                          You could easily set up a Node- or Core-free Warfare map using Kismet. Because of the way the system works, they'd probably have to be in the map somwhere (for the game to register them) but not somewhere that players would ever have to see or interact with. There's even options to override the default messages so that instead of saying "Defend the Prime Node" you could record one to say "Fly the Cow over the Moon" and it would work just dandy.
                          Naturally, that will have to be a Nali WarCow.

Comment

Originally posted by re8 View Post
                            Hey, there's a cool map idea; thanks Jim!! ;P

Assault wasn't left out; it was merged with ONS and made more flexible to make something greater!

WAR > AS + ONS
                            That would be an opinion, I never really found ONS to be all that exciting, however AS I played for about 2 years with my clan. I think that was the major problem with Assault, joining a server and watching one team get trashed wasn't fun whatsoever, yet you get two well organized clans fighting it out on some of the UT2004 AS maps and it was incredible...explains why it wasn't popular.

Comment

Lol...

Now Loading...
                              WAR-FlyTheCowOverTheMoon

Comment

Working...
                              X