1 minute of silence for the trans-cam

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    I wonder if the problem was whether the disk would set on the ground correctly or sink in like the characters feet appear to. Perhaps if you tried to use the camera you would just get the inside view of a stone tile.

Leave a comment:

• replied

trans cam was innovative and didn't break the game (unlike shield, adrenaline and dodge jumping)

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Didn't use the camera much in BR. Just goofing around I could put the trans disc on top of my head and run around viewing from the camera. Pretty funny stuff. Also when you manged to get it on your head and stay there you could press a key, can't remember which, and red smoke would flow from you to the opposing goal. Absolutely useless stuff but a fun novelty when goofing around. Pretty funny to watch someone running around with the disc on their head too.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Update:
    Now that I tried the UT3 Trans (you can aquire it via the 'loaded' cheat in ShangriLa) I can definitely say that fixing the problem that caused the cam's removal should be put quite high on Epic's priority list, imo. The depth-perception of the disc's flight path is not that good, it's very hard to tell where exactly you will end up while it's in mid-air. For example, I tried to Xloc to the UDamage in ShangriLa and kept missing most of the time. One just can't tell how far away the disc is exactly. With the cam it was possible to land spot on where you wanted to be. The ability to spy on the enemy was quite handy as well, of course, but the now missing precision of mid-air translocating is the main reason I painfully miss the cam.
    Please, Epic, try to fix the relating issue and give us the cam back! I really can't see why this should be so complicated, as the redeemer's remote-cam works flawlessly.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Tagen View Post
    Yeah,...lol I guess so.

I guess what I mean is that for DM I never really used it(even if it was turned on). Seemed like it would have alot more benefit for CTF or ONS(gametypes I didnt play near as often).
    Mostly CTF, I haven't seen an Onslaught server with TL on.. you're better off in vehicles anyway. Or you can teleport using the nodes.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by KriLL3.8™ View Post
    You don't see the irony in that statement?
    Yeah,...lol I guess so.

I guess what I mean is that for DM I never really used it(even if it was turned on). Seemed like it would have alot more benefit for CTF or ONS(gametypes I didnt play near as often).

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    It is very useful and makes the CTF that much more interesting. It should be back imo.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    It can be mutated out. UT99 didnt have it, deal with your gaming strategies without it.
    You still have the TL. Any object in the engine can be treated as a camera. (console commands only on clientside only, no net) Question tho, does this affect the redeemer?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    A lot of people hated the translocation altogether because they didn’t know how to counter it. If they removed the trans complete there would be a select group that would be very happy,….

Not me though, I love the transloc and the cam!

RIP.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    *is silent*. I love the Translocator-battles on top of the CTF-Citadel in UT2k3 (dont like UT2k4).

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by hal View Post
    To be clear, the quote doesn't say netcode issue.
    Not in your report, but Sir_Brizz said
    Originally posted by Sir_Brizz' UT3 hands-on preview
    Hal did confirm that the translocator camera, due to netcode problems, has been completely removed from the game.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    It was one of the things that helped with CTF. You could know where or close to where you'd be ending up. If the disc bounced off a wall and started falling, you'd know.

I don't see how people can't know about this feature. It's mentioned in the tips before loading CTF maps.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I will miss it. Put it in guys!!!!

Leave a comment:

• replied

I'll miss the trans cam. I used it all the time.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Tagen View Post
    Useful but I rarely ever used it.
    You don't see the irony in that statement?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X