1 minute of silence for the trans-cam

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ceil View Post
    Not to my knowledge. I didn't play 2k4 that long, and rarely used the trans in that game, so I didn't even know it had a cam at all.
    It's mentioned in the manual, you didn't read the manual?

Comment

I liked that feature... It may return in future patch, though.

Comment

I thought it was a handy little feature too.
        It's not a major loss, but I'll miss it.

Comment

Yet another reason why Epic needs to have someone competent do their manuals and documentation. And in-game tutorials on the subject would be nice for newcomers, given how many options each weapon has. What other FPS can boast having this sort of complexity to their weapons?

Comment

Originally posted by KriLL3.8™ View Post
            It's mentioned in the manual, you didn't read the manual?
            Nope. Nothing about the game ever confused me. I use the manual as a reference, not a starting point.

Comment

Originally posted by Ceil View Post
              Nope. Nothing about the game ever confused me. I use the manual as a reference, not a starting point.
              Well you missed the telecam I usually don't read manuals either, but if you have a manual and nothing to do atm looking through it can be enjoyable.

Comment

I always thought the trans-cam was a little cheap... So it doesn't break my heart that there taking it out of the game.

Comment

I need to make you guys a video to show you how useful the xloc cam is playing CTF-Maul; I think you all would be surprised.

Comment

Originally posted by Hedge-o-Matic View Post
                    ...And in-game tutorials on the subject would be nice for newcomers, given how many options each weapon has. What other FPS can boast having this sort of complexity to their weapons?
                    Good idea

Although, I don't understand how a remote camera can't work if your are able to watch other players from their point of view (observer)

Comment

i never really used it, won't miss it

Comment

Darn it was handy.

When I was defending the flag I would place it in a corner or something and then go hide somewhere and someone would come strolling along take a quick look and see no one was protecting the flag. Grab it and start to make a mad dash only to find me on his tail blasting him. I bet they wondered where the heck I came from.

Comment

I never got around to trying the trans-cam - I really should.

Comment

me has a feeling that epic broke stencil again.

Comment

had fun planting the disk near a door in Bridge of fate or at the flag and telefraging.
                              in instagib i used the camera to look around and when i saw someone i teleported and killed them.

Comment

Originally posted by -VT- View Post
                                i never really used it, won't miss it
                                | used it 95% of time while shooting translocator disc - maybe its just habit, but its was very handy for me.

Comment

Working...
                                X