Handicap (as in Golf)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Handicap (as in Golf)

Will there be any ability to level a playing field on the server side besides mutators like BigHead. What I'd be after would be something that would make it harder for better players to kill. Ex. : Guns aren't as powerful or they get hurt easier. There's got to be a fair way to do this.

The reason I ask in the first place is that I have a little server that me and my friends play on and it would be nice to have this feature since one person has gotten way better than most.

Okay, flame away!

TAM i think does that.

Comment

Could you elaborate on that please? I'd like to look into something asap. I'm afraid our little group will fall apart if I don't do something soon.

But I'm guessing that there won't be anything like that in game with UT3 right?

Comment

Its not likely a feature of the game out of the box mate - or at least it never has been.

TAM is a mod game type which Im sure will be done for UT3 in time.

Comment

Unless you don't like competition, that's the best way to get better. Don't downgrade the beast, upgrade the weak.

Comment

TAM lowers the health & ammo of the players/team winning the most rounds, but the only way to get better is practice against better players

Comment

Originally posted by XIStridIX View Post
              Unless you don't like competition, that's the best way to get better. Don't downgrade the beast, upgrade the weak.
              +1.

Even if the weapons of the best player do half damage, he'll probably live longer anyway because he'll likely have better movement skills as well.

Comment

most people play tam without that facility - if people want to get better the only way is to play better opponants.

i find playing on a demo server in dm like jolt demo server and learning to dodge the spam and not get any power ups teaches you to stay alive. you can also practice power up collection/timing - which like some people who do the latter will most certainly be called cheats after winning 35-0. I have seen a certain person under alias on there using only either flak primary up close or link secondary while timing everythin and still win 35-0 it was hilarious - he knows who he is =)

Comment

Originally posted by DarkRage View Post
                  I have seen a certain person under alias on there using only either flak primary up close or link secondary while timing everythin and still win 35-0 it was hilarious - he knows who he is =)
                  a godlike bot???

Comment

no not someone cheating just a very good player under alias.

Comment

Actually, I'm the one that is making life hard on the rest. I don't want to run them off, and I wouldn't have much fun backing off either. That aside I think I got the answer to my question. Thanks guys.

Comment

Working...
                      X