Remove helmets?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Remove helmets?

It isn't a very motivating thought that a helmet will absorb 1 headshot and the shot will cause no damage at all. This game is supposed to be fast. If your opponent does a headshot on you... tough luck. Duck next time, dodge, jump and move! And if you don't. You deserve to have increased chance of headshots on you.

Heeeaadsshhooott! Do you love this sound? I sure do. Whenever I do a headshot on my opponent. This sound is like a reward/compliment for me. The thought that people will avoid shooting on the head scares me.

Of course I still havent played the game so I don't want to judge it too much before I have played it. But this is merely my impressions of what it might be like.

Whats your thoughts about this? Vote: Remove helmets: yes or no?

i dont have any thoughts on the helmet yet cos i havent played the demo yet...ill wait and see tho...but its realistic in a way...a futuristic helmet COULD block damage lol...big word there COULD

Comment

lol um.......... helmet is a pic up so...........don't pick it up if you don't want it :-D!!

Comment

Originally posted by Brutal View Post
        lol um.......... helmet is a pic up so...........don't pick it up if you don't want it :-D!!
        what him said !! I think it'll be alright =]

Comment

Lol, this is so stupid. You guys are acting like all players will get a helmet from spawn. Umm, NO. It's a pickup, and it is very likely that many maps won't even have it, and the ones that do, will likely just have one, possibly 2 on large or team maps.

It's also very likely that it has a long respawn time, and it is also very likely that a player that gets it will die from normal damage before they even get a headshot on them.

AND, $100 bucks says that there will be a mutator that removes helmets and that it will be on the whitelist.

Jeez... lol

Comment

Hopefully there will be a mutator that removes the Helmet

Comment

I voted yes because I'd rather get my aim's worth of damage. Although the shot will probably still be worth it if the opponent is weak enough. I'd rather not have it in the game to be honest. Doesn't matter a great deal though.

Comment

it benefits you lol so why not pick it up if its gunna save ur ***

Comment

I think it should do sleight damage if you get shot in the head with a helmet, but dont take them out..

Comment

^yeah i agree with you there...i reckon it should do half the damage of a non headshot

Comment

The helmet should block the extra damage that a headshot does over a normal shot, and that's it.

Comment

in my opinion, it should cut the double damage bonus, and reduce some percentage of the normal damage by the remaining 20% of the helmet armor.. absorbing the whole 140~damage is a bit too much, will tell after test the demo

Comment

Originally posted by Madmanxan View Post
                          ^yeah i agree with you there...i reckon it should do half the damage of a non headshot
                          ^=- That's what I was thinking when I heard there would be helmets. Then I found out that it totally nullifies damage. Like wtf.

Comment

I don't recall ever hearing an official video or announcement saying that.

Comment

Originally posted by theeDEATHMASTER View Post
                              I don't recall ever hearing an official video or announcement saying that.
                              They said it at the dev chat. Check the logs somewhere at www.beyondunreal.com

Comment

Working...
                              X