Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So this will be a Beta demo without WAR...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So this will be a Beta demo without WAR...

The guys from BU went to Epic to have a look @ the full game/demo and they'v came back with some very interesting/shocking news.

The Beta demo will contain no Warfare, simply because all maps are different in some kind of way wich doesnt respresent Warfare on just 1 map.

There will be a vCTF map on it, ( dont ask why ) but interesting,

There will be a traditional DM map on it BUT with a Darkwalker on it, ( the tripod thingie )

And.... there is supposed to be another demo... this one will probably contain the normal traditional maps, and perhaps 1 Warfare map. So it seems that Epic really wants to test the gameplay and the experience of UT3 with this beta demo instead of the tradiitonal UT gameplay with classic CTF and DM maps.

If the sources are right we are going to get to see all of this upcoming Friday...
    the whole article: http://www.beyondunreal.com/daedalus...t.php?id=11059

There are already several threads about this.

And I doubt there will be a second demo before the release of the game.

Comment

Originally posted by 7eVeNL View Post
      There will be a traditional DM map on it BUT with a Darkwalker on it, ( the tripod thingie )
      Ugh, what a stupid idea.
      If you ask me, vehicles have no place in FFA DM. Basically, because a vehicle is much harder to kill and still gives you only one frag (or none if the driver bails in time) it's a VERY unattractive target, making the person inside the vehicle not only harder to kill but basically invincible because nobody wants to kill him.
      I guess the demo will have to be hacked to allow for a no-vehicles mutator then.

Comment

http://utforums.epicgames.com/showthread.php?t=578258

Comment

yeh no worries. last time with UT2004 they also managed to make a instagib mutator lol..... so i guess making a mutator with no darkwalker will be done :>

Comment

Originally posted by Boksha View Post
            Basically, because a vehicle is much harder to kill and still gives you only one frag (or none if the driver bails in time) it's a VERY unattractive target, making the person inside the vehicle not only harder to kill but basically invincible because nobody wants to kill him.
            It's my understanding that, unlike other gametypes with vehicles, that the one in this map drops powerups when destroyed, to sweeten the pot, as it were.

We'll see.

Comment

i dont agree with vechiles in any DM map, but take the Halo series, they have always had them on, because bungie are a complete bunch of muppets that dont understand how heavily it can change a flow of a game.
              BUT
              on the other hand, they do get focused on quite oftern, so you will probably see the same.

I just hope the respawn time is roughly the same, i.e it just doesnt come back very 5seconds :S

Comment

There is already a thread abut this, closing.

Comment

Working...
                X