last help.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

last help.

i recently ordered a nvidia EVGA 512 mb on video memory.

but i have a question the interface is a PCI express 16 and the card i use rigth now is a ati radeon x1300 with a interface AGP x4/x8 and i was wondering how do i check the motherboard manufacture?so i can see what company is it from i opened up my computer but it does not say at all plz help TY!.

oh and what does memory interface mean by? 256bit and 128bit whats the diference?

EVGA is the manufacturer of the nvidia card you have.

Comment

Sorry, don't quite understand your question.

FYI PCIE 16x doesn't work with AGP 8x.

Sounds like you need a new motherboard... Dont worry too much though, you should be able to find one that suits your needs relatively cheaply.

Comment

Originally posted by da ghost View Post
        EVGA is the manufacturer of the nvidia card you have.
        yes i know but how i check which company is my motherboard from and it does not say :/
        my bad i tried to say motherboard company in question

Comment

it should usually tell you what company your motherboard is at the first bootup screen when you turn on your computer....

Comment

Try PcWizard, it will detect all the hardware you have including the manufacturer

http://www.cpuid.org/download/pcw2007_v173.exe

theres a lot of other programs for that but this is the one i use, i hope it helps

Comment

Originally posted by salad.afp View Post
              Try PcWizard, it will detect all the hardware you have including the manufacturer

theres a lot of other programs for that but this is the one i use, i hope it helps
              thx alot man guest like i figured im ****ed! and the ati x1650 will not run UT3 on high all! >,<

wait no im not! im saved!

Comment

You seem to say that you've ordered a PCI express card and the card you have now is a radeon AGP 4X/8X !!!
                If so, now all you have to do is buy a motherboard that you can plug in your PCI Express to, cause it aint gonna work with the one you have now. and reading your last post just above you are fued
                But dont worry as bad as it seems it's a good thing that you're going to change from AGP to PCIE.

Btw, 128 bits and 256 bits is exactly double the speed

Comment

Originally posted by salad.afp View Post

i just installed it and i got some questions:
                  - under mainboard: it says PCI bus: Yes and AGP bus: Yes ........ so what is the max NVidia Card i can upgrade my PC to?

- and whats the average temp for processor, mainboard, power/aux, and hard disk.

Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by unrealkiller View Post
                    i just installed it and i got some questions:
                    - under mainboard: it says PCI bus: Yes and AGP bus: Yes ........ so what is the max NVidia Card i can upgrade my PC to?

- and whats the average temp for processor, mainboard, power/aux, and hard disk.

Thanks.
                    PCI is different from PCI-Express, pretty much every computer have a PCI slot, but the new Video Cards are all PCI-Express slot you will have to buy an AGP video card or a motherboard that have the PCI-Express slot, i cant really say what AGP video card would be better, to be honest i dont know but im sure u cant plug a new PCI-Express card there =[.

and btw if you havent noticed yet my english isnt the best, so if you dont understand something just tell me ill try to make it clear =]

Comment

ha. my thread got deleted without warning. just logged on and it's gone, but i think i got my point across.

Comment

Working...
                      X