Orb mechanics video

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Orb mechanics video

Does anyone have a link to the vid showing how the orb works? I watched it the other day and i just wanted to listen to it again. The thread or video itself isn't named anything to do with orb and it's link is somewhere is this surge of threads quite recently.

Specifically i just wanted to know was there only 1 of them over the whole match or one per last-node-situation etc and do they "respawn" once used or lost.

Originally posted by Ickle View Post
    Does anyone have a link to the vid showing how the orb works? I watched it the other day and i just wanted to listen to it again. The thread or video itself isn't named anything to do with orb and it's link is somewhere is this surge of threads quite recently.

Specifically i just wanted to know was there only 1 of them over the whole match or one per last-node-situation etc and do they "respawn" once used or lost.
    http://www.gametrailers.com/player/24281.html

Comment

Cheers.

[edit]

So, I ask about this video becuase i was thinking after reading the threads on no-warfare-map-in-demo "hang on there's just one orb?" and i just foresaw anarchy when the whole team fights over who gets to use it, especially between those who do know how to use it and those who don't.

After watching the video again, there is one but it seems it returns to it's "pedestal" after it's used or is droped (and not picked up within 10s).
      It looks like the orb pedestal is gonna get camped like crazy.

But nevermind me. We need a warfare map to test, thus i redirect you this thread: http://utforums.epicgames.com/showthread.php?t=578258

Comment

I just hope we can turn the orb OFF

Comment

So, I ask about this video because i was thinking after reading the threads on no-warfare-map-in-demo "hang on there's just one orb?" and i just foresaw anarchy when the whole team fights over who gets to use it, especially between those who do know how to use it and those who don't.
          Well, I've never seen too much drama over who gets to pilot the ubber-vehicle in ONS for UT2004. There are a few vehicle spawn-campers, but usually not a big deal.

Would be good to have a mod that would allow a player to have an Orb for like 5-10 minutes in a 60 minute timespan.

On the other hand, you can take the orb, I'll take one of those new walker-machines

Comment

I love seeing the manta and raptor in the torlan base "defending" the core when they should go and destroy the nearest node, and us that want to do that go on foot against a bunch of vehicles...

Comment

Cheers.

[edit]

After watching the video again, there is one but it seems it returns to it's "pedestal" after it's used or is droped (and not picked up within 10s).
              It looks like the orb pedestal is gonna get camped like crazy.
              That sounds like heaven to me! (out comes the good ol' sniper rifle )

Comment

Working...
              X