Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Please change your mind EPIC and include a Warfare map in the demo.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Please change your mind EPIC and include a Warfare map in the demo.

IMHO, it is necessary to include a Warfare map to test the gameplay mechanics with the ORB.

I know that the WAR maps are very different to each other. So it would be great if you included a map that is close to ONS (Torlan_Necris for example) to check and give feedback how the Orb really plays on a single primary setup.

Thanks for considering this.

EDIT:
    Throw the DM-WithVehakelLol11!!!one map out of the demo, please, and include a pure Warfare map and a pure DM map.

has there been confirmation as to what's in the demo?

Comment

the heck with a Warfare map. we can wait for the mega gametype. especially if like hal posted, the Warfare maps are too diverse to get a taste of.

We need a real CTF map or a map that is either or CTF & VCTF ... not just vctf...

Comment

I VERY strongly agree, at least with the DM map selection. Either include a normal DM map as well, or replace the darkwalker map. If you include only the darkwalker DM map and the vCTF map, there will be nothing for the core gametypes, and that's all I, and a lot of other people, care about.

Comment

Yeah, not sure where it was announced first, but the demo map details were posted over on http://www.beyondunreal.com/

Comment

Originally posted by dethmanrulz View Post
            has there been confirmation as to what's in the demo?
            not total confirmation from Epic, but hal at BU (who I trust as next best source to Epic) has posted after attending the UT3 game preview at Epic, that the included maps will be DM-HeatRay, and VCTF-Suspense.

the final demo map may be DM-ShangriLa or CTF-OmicronDawn...
            so i really hope we get the dm map and the CTF & VCTF maps in the demo. not having CTF in the demo would be blasphemous!

Comment

Originally posted by Worlock View Post
              I VERY strongly agree, at least with the DM map selection. Either include a normal DM map as well, or replace the darkwalker map. If you include only the darkwalker DM map and the vCTF map, there will be nothing for the core gametypes, and that's all I, and a lot of other people, care about.
              I agree to a certain extent. There is only 1 darkwalker in that map, and it only shows up occasionally. But yeah, I really hope they do include DM-ShangriLa

Comment

Agreed, Worlock.

I like plain DM playstyle and ONS playstyle (same with CTF and vCTF).

It would be horribly stupid to include a DM with a vehicle when there is only one vDM in the full game.
                And, tbh, ONS had great potential, but had flaws that could have be fixed quite easily. So I hope they include a War map too, that is close to what a quite huge ONS community wants.

Comment

if the warfare map is the one i just bolded then...

First of all, the demo will not feature a Warfare map. Having played a few of them, I can say that there's a very good reason why: while they all share similar core gameplay, all the maps we played and discussed seem to have a different twist to them. Just sampling one wouldn't give you a very good perspective of what they are like. Torlan_Necris, for instance, is somewhat similar to standard Onslaught, with the addition of the orb. Another we played had one side with a heavily defended base, while the other team had a number of hard-hitting vehicles with which to attack.Still others feature triggerable events to aid in comebacks such as landslides and floods. It's a very versatile gametype and it seems to be much deeper than Onslaught.
                  Epic needs to commit suicide. balance isnt giving one team tons of firepower and the other team an impenetrable fortress. game design like that is a ridiculous gimmick.

Comment

I would be happy just with a DM map and a CTF map.. it would be better than nothing!

Comment

Originally posted by UnrealGrrl View Post
                      so i really hope we get the dm map and the CTF & VCTF maps in the demo. not having CTF in the demo would be blasphemous!
                      Oh good point... I didn't notice that suspence was VCTF. Both DM-ShangriLa AND CTF-OmicronDawn? Pretty please?

Comment

I'm with you, fuegerstef. I really would like a taste of Warfare to get a feel for some of the mechanics of this gametype. Granted the maps may be diverse, but so what? That can apply to any of the game types, depending on how the maps are set up. And a pure DM map is essential, for obvious reasons.

Comment

It might also be good to know for admins to check the cpu- and bandwidth load of a WAR map.

Comment

Originally posted by fuegerstef View Post
                            It might also be good to know for admins to check the cpu- and bandwidth load of a WAR map.
                            That's another excellent point. I have a quad core dedicated server waiting for this demo, but if there isn't a single normal map, there's no way I can know if its adequate. Epic certainly hasn't said a meaningful word about server load, so it's all we have. I NEED to know what WAR and normal DM/CTF do to a machine.

Comment

Originally posted by fuegerstef View Post
                              And not just that, but a large Warfare map will give a more realistic idea to people of how the game in general will run on their current hardware and give them an idea of whether they need to upgrade or if they can stick with what they got. Torlan was a good example of this in the UT2004 demo. It let me know that I needed to upgrade at that time.

Comment

Working...
                              X