This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tam for UT3 =)

here is an xtract from a Q&A with 3spn makers of Tam.

9/ And for the major question, will Tam be ported to UT3?

Most people don't know that the transition from TAM v2.57 to TAM v3.x involved a complete re-write of the game code to prepare it for rapid porting to UT3. We've been planning ahead. original

so what i was told was pish after all tam will be ported to UT3

I must be missing something becuase I don't see anything about TAM that is unique or engaging.

You've got 1v1's and spec spots right? Why TAM?
    Rocket Arena for UT3 is going to blow every other game mode out of the water... So why TAM?

lol

Comment

well tam has kept ut2k4 going over the last 2 years as other modes have died off and tbh rocket arena doesnt compare to tam imo.

Comment

modes have died off because of TAM but TAM doesnt make you good at the game its ok to start off with

Comment

Originally posted by DarkRage View Post
          rocket arena doesnt compare to tam imo.
          you're right it doesn't compare... RA IS IN A WHOLE NOTHA LEAGUE BROTHAH!

NAW MEAN!?

Comment

tam only prolonged 2k4, because any skilless muppet suddenly looks good.
            One lucky shot/headshot etc and bingo your lookin hot.

Simple facts and i really dont care for other opinions, TDM/DM/CTF etc all take skill, teamwork, map control and effort

Tam you can have god on your side and destroy a team, or your team will be totally ****/ul and get owned.

TAM was a good thing for 2k4, NOT for something as fresh and new as UT3 thanks, if you want tam, stay with 2k4 :|

Comment

Meh... I don't get the appeal. To each their own.

Comment

Originally posted by SL3V3N View Post
                tam only prolonged 2k4, because any skilless muppet suddenly looks good.
                One lucky shot/headshot etc and bingo your lookin hot.

Simple facts and i really dont care for other opinions, TDM/DM/CTF etc all take skill, teamwork, map control and effort
                well yes some people who r not so good can look good at tam but i was more onna bout tam 4v4 tourny/ ladders and a few servers where mainly vgood players play with a max of 5v5.

the hs thing well yes i agree 1 hs and maybe your lucky but some people are able to do alot more than 1 which tends not to be luck. i like tam becuase ive grown lazy in my old age and i cant be bothered timing weaps/shlds/amp etc so for me and probably alot more out there tam is good.

also i poseted this as info as the question was to 3spn from a french magazine/forum?

oh and dont shoot the messenger i was only forwarding this from the makers of tam after i got asked by some people on this forum if tam will be in ut3.

3spn emailed me a link to the chat log.

Comment

like 75% of tam servers have people in them and that saying allot

Comment

Darkrage is right in a way tbh, timing stuff can suck you dry lol and if people find tam fun that other game modes then why not

Comment

I don't post on this forum often given i'm from the competitive community and alot of what we say gets either seen as elitist and flamed to hell or just gets straight up removed by admins. But I'm bored and have an insane hatred for TAM so let me say this -

First off the creator of TAM, Mastur or whatever is a total tool, i had to sit in the same vent channel with that weasel and Amir a.k.a Thrive and listen to him lie his little soul away promising Thrive all this money for playing and promoting his stupid PurePressure Scheme which totally flopped.

Second the entire idea behind TAM is to Lessen the skill curve of the game to make it more enjoyable for players who want to be competitive.

third off, If you want to be competitive - but you lack the sportsmanship and commitment to do so, then you don't deserve to compete, Period.

This is why i like UT as a competitive game - Its skill curve is very respective to the commitment the higher tier players put into the game.

For example: If i and my friends decided to start an casual soccer team to play with each other every now and then and we got a chance to take on an actual professional soccer team, the chances of us even scoring a single goal would be less then 0. Rightfully so however, as the professional soccer players live and breath what they do and pursue their sport with a passion, quite simply they deserve to destroy us.

This translates into UT in that a pro player could destroy a casual player without losing a single life, and believe me in my earlier days i learned the hard way, losing 80 to 0 EASY.

TAM throws this idea out the window. The commitment and skill of the individual is disrespected entirely by the nature of TAM. If you want to compete casually go play Warfare or play on TWL's CTF ladder. Your silly little TAM helped further destroy the North American competitive UT scene. More so then Epic's lack of support or ProUnreal's Elitist trash bag community ever had.

Comment

In all honesty... I've never heard of TAM before... I play mostly Assault maps and Vehicle Invasion. Could someone explain exactly what it is?

Comment

admin close this its turning into an arguement lol

This was for info so relax whether tam is good or bad is irrelevant if you want 1v1 pro then thats what you do - if you dont - you play other modes so it is each to their own and tbh tam brought another aspect of ut to the gaming community.

Comment

Originally posted by wingzeroismine View Post
                            In all honesty... I've never heard of TAM before... I play mostly Assault maps and Vehicle Invasion. Could someone explain exactly what it is?
                            http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Team_Arena_Master

Comment

tam should come in 2010, when activity in dm and ctf dies off imo

Comment

Working...
                              X