[DEMO] UT3 Demo Servers - Questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GrimReaper View Post
    You gotta pay for a fileplanet membership to get the beta. Im a "FREE" member of FilePlanet and I cant get the beta unless I pay for a membership kinda sucks huh?
    You can't get the beta demo NOW even if you do pay. Relax. The beta demo will be free, and freely distributed. If people want to pay for a faster download, that's their business. It's not an exclusive.

Comment

There was a thread about this long time ago tho !!!

Comment

i joined fileplanet the second it said i could cue for the demo, my server is now on the job of waitin

Also all ppl who are asking for server info, we are the ones who are going to be paying to host this game for you. think u should give us some info

Comment

Originally posted by Piglet View Post
          Titan are definitely interested - but a serious machine for a high player count Warefare server takes planning and sourcing before racking in one of the datacentres.
          Exactly. It's pretty shockin' that there haven't been any server specs released before now. Server specs should have been released before client specs IMO.

Sure - we can use the old Opteron based ONS32 machine and run something on it - but I seriously doubt that it'll be up to the demands of high-player-count UT3.
          No way in hell IMO. The biggest question that remains to be answered is how well threaded the server-side code is. With multi-cores being the order of the day now, I'm hoping the answer is "superbly".

The specs on the unreal.ie boxes are probably lower than the Titan ones, so we're possibly looking at upgrades (for warfare at least) that would take time to source.

Comment

Originally posted by SEPHIROTH View Post
            ... we are the ones who are going to be paying to host this game for you. think u should give us some info
            What makes you think that Midway won't have demo servers?

Comment

Originally posted by Mort_Q View Post
              It's not an exclusive.
              Exactly. Unreal.ie will likely host public downloads on its 3 x 100M connections (after community members have gotten theirs). In fact....

/me goes to start a thread on this on unreal.ie

Comment

Originally posted by Worlock View Post
                All prior Unreal demos have been a single package. The client and the server is the same thing. I'm sure it will be the same this time. I would guess Linux will be included, but that's speculation.
                Yeah once we see the retail game they'll probably release dedicated server versions to download with just the basics needed to run a server.

Comment

countdown till "instagib" is hacked into the demo?

Comment

*gentle prod in the upwards direction*

Would some server requirements be out of the question here?

Comment

Titan are definitely interested - but a serious machine for a high player count Warefare server takes planning and sourcing before racking in one of the datacentres.

We're at "2 weeks" to demo but with no server specs to plan from, source and locate. It doesn't look like we're going to be there for day 1 in the way we'd have liked.

Sure - we can use the old Opteron based ONS32 machine and run something on it - but I seriously doubt that it'll be up to the demands of high-player-count UT3.
                      Asking a question, since I don't know the answer. Has Epic ever released such information before any of their previous UT demos?

edited a typo, and adding the following:

Wow, I seem to have silenced the angry mob. Anyone know the answer to my question? I don't recall Epic giving bandwidth stats for _any_ version of UT demo before it was released. And as anyone who knows my history on the official UT forums, and on BU, I've been here forever. I've seen us talk about it, but no official posts with statistical requirements that are being asked for now, before any of the demo releases.

Comment

Working...
                      X