[DEMO] UT3 Demo Servers - Questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[DEMO] UT3 Demo Servers - Questions

Can anyone find any sources of information for the UT3 Demo Servers? Specifically - when will they be released (I'm hoping either before, or along with, the UT3 Demo Client), and what OS will the releases be for?

Considering how new the news is of the client being released, I can't find anything to do with the servers anywhere.
    Being an admin over at www.unreal.ie , it'd be handy if we could find out All of our servers run Linux, so you can guess what we're hoping for - but any answer at all would be preferrable to not knowing

I'm interested in this also....last time i posted all i got was some idiot pointing me to a useless thread and telling me to use the search function and then the thread was closed

As far as i know there has been no actual server specs released to date

Comment

All prior Unreal demos have been a single package. The client and the server is the same thing. I'm sure it will be the same this time. I would guess Linux will be included, but that's speculation.

Comment

I'm aware of that
        But presuming that it will be the case here may end up causing us hassle if it turns out not to be the case. Like I said, knowing for sure in advance would be extremely helpful.

Comment

Originally posted by FooZ View Post
          As far as i know there has been no actual server specs released to date
          I think you're right there. No server specs released yet to the best of my knowledge.

I note that there was no mention of a Linux demo release (though Windows was specifically mentioned). I wont be installing windows to play UT3. I've waited long enough, I'll wait for the linux version.

Zoro: I'm strongly in favour of not running any servers if there isn't a linux server option (or if it can't be run through wine of course).

Comment

Khannie: I agree with you. If its Windows only, and it won't run under Wine then unreal.ie will just have to wait

Comment

boooooo

Comment

Titan are definitely interested - but a serious machine for a high player count Warefare server takes planning and sourcing before racking in one of the datacentres.

We're at "2 weeks" to demo but with no server specs to plan from, source and locate. It doesn't look like we're going to be there for day 1 in the way we'd have liked.

Sure - we can use the old Opteron based ONS32 machine and run something on it - but I seriously doubt that it'll be up to the demands of high-player-count UT3.

Comment

I would also like to have a server ready when the demo comes out, cmon Epic pull yer finger out and give us the specs plz

Comment

I'm actually more concerned about when its being released, than the specs
                    The specs would of course be handy though

Comment

Piglet - what OS do your servers run?

Comment

Why is Epic keeping it a secret? WTF? they released the "BETA" for those who want to pay for it and no demo server info whats up with that! jeez gimme a break . Throw us a freakin server info bone here Epic!!! or do we have to pay for that also roflmao

Comment

Originally posted by GrimReaper View Post
                          Why is Epic keeping it a secret? WTF? they released the "BETA" for those who want to pay for it

Where do they offer beta acccess for money? Or am I just out of the loop on something...

Comment

Originally posted by thegrimreaper3 View Post
                            Where do they offer beta acccess for money? Or am I just out of the loop on something...
                            You gotta pay for a fileplanet membership to get the beta. Im a "FREE" member of FilePlanet and I cant get the beta unless I pay for a membership kinda sucks huh?

Comment

Calm down Reaper - take the arguments to another thread. Please don't pollute this one - I'm still holding out some hope for a reply from the powers that be

Comment

Working...
                              X