This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Will a finalized version of the demo be available before release. Several things needs to be fixed and I want verification they are fixed. I like the game, however the manta is too powerful if this isn't addressed then the game isn't worth purchasing.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I just got my new PC hooked up and ready to go (mobo was DOA). Game installed fine, got set-up in a few minutes and then went and played some DM games online for a bit.

SO MUCH FUN!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    At least let the ps3 owners without a fancy pc to have a taste of this.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Tim View Post
    ok,i just installed the beta demo and checked play game at the finish window and nothing happened then i clicked my desktop icon and it tells me the application has failed because d3dx10_35.dll was not found.reinstalling did nothing.

any suggestions ppl?
    just google the .dll file. it should work then. i have to do that a lot

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by styx99 View Post
    Hi,

installed the demo of UT 3 a few days a go and it`s incredible
    slow even using 800x600 at the lowest degree of detail

System configuration:
    - AMD Athlon(tm) 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 4200+
    - NVIDIA GeForce 6150SE nForce 430 (driver updated)
    - Mainboard: Acer EM61SM/EM61PM
    - 1 Giga RAM
    - Vista Home Premium 6.00.6000

Any hints welcome ... thx
    styx

My laptop has most of the same equipment as your system (not sure about the Mainboard), and the demo runs fine on it. There is no lag, except when connecting to another persons server. it runs just as fast as UT2k4, although it doesnt look as refined as 2k4, graphics-wise, but hey, its a beta. also, try reducing the resolution further. 800x600 is not the lowest res

Leave a comment:

• replied
    so when relase the game's demo

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Mark Rein View Post
    Folks,

Just wanted to give you a heads' up that we're getting pretty close to releasing the Unreal Tournament 3 Beta Demo for Windows. The Beta Demo will allow instant action play against bots as well as online multiplayer. The purpose of the Beta Demo is to test the game on a large variety of hardware configurations and get gameplay feedback from the community. The development team feels they're pretty close to being ready to release this so it could come out this week but for safety sake I'd say it should be out within two weeks.

We have a few fan sites in tomorrow to play the full game and I'm sure they'll be sharing their comments pretty soon afterward.
    so when relase the game's demo

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by LenarHoyt View Post
    guys i have a problem, i cant install my demo cause i dont have enough disk space to extract it, i have a lot of space on other disks but it can extract only on the disk where is windows, any idea how to solve it ? without changing partitions
    Yes you can!

I presume you have Windows XP, it works on Win2k as well but the buttons are placed differently

1. Go to Start - Settings - Control Panel - System

2. Select Advanced tab, click Environment variables

Now you will see the variables for your login user AND the system.

The ones you are looking for are "TEMP" and "TMP", you will find these in both parts. Most programs use the System variables to determine where to unpack stuff. If you want to be on the safe side, change the ones for your user as well.

So create a folder on for example D and call it D:\temp and change TEMP and TMP to D:\temp.

Now all temporary files used by windows will be using this folder instead of the default on the C-drive.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by NitrousOxide View Post
    Well, if you look at the minimum requirements, it needs a GEFORCE 6200 or better. And as you can see u have a 6150, which is lower than a 6200, which means you are not meeting requirements and it is a miracle that it even runs.
    Lol I have Nvidia Ge Force Fx Go 5700 and beta demo runs

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I cant seem to install the game... when I try to it gives me this message.

"1628: Failed to complete installation"

Could it be that Im currently using XP 64 bit?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    guys i have a problem, i cant install my demo cause i dont have enough disk space to extract it, i have a lot of space on other disks but it can extract only on the disk where is windows, any idea how to solve it ? without changing partitions

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by cydonian View Post
    its a ut3 miracle, hallelujah!

thx
    styx

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by NitrousOxide View Post
    ...which means you are not meeting requirements and it is a miracle that it even runs.
    its a ut3 miracle, hallelujah!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by styx99 View Post
    Hi,

System configuration:
    - 1 Giga RAM

styx
    Well, if you look at the minimum requirements, it needs a GEFORCE 6200 or better. And as you can see u have a 6150, which is lower than a 6200, which means you are not meeting requirements and it is a miracle that it even runs.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Incredible slow ...

Hi,

System configuration:
    - 1 Giga RAM

styx

Leave a comment:

Working...
X