This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Vectorspace View Post
    I made a countdown timer: http://homepage.ntlworld.com/vectorspace/UT3Demo.htm
    It's counting down to Tue Oct 23 at 3:55am British summer time, exactly two weeks from Mark's post. Therefore, the demo should be out before the timer runs out.

Not much to look at, I'll make it look better another time.

I remember there were several significant things that were changed between the UT2k4 demo and the release.

The only ones I remember were all regarding the Goliath. In the original demo:
    Its cannon was 100% accurate, hitting exactly where the crosshair pointed
    The barrel could elevate to vertical
    There was no debris effect when the shell hit something
    Ace

Its urban legend now mark.
    I know development cycles, the demo could be 3 weeks, or tomorrow,,,

Comment

Happiest day of the year.

Comment

So folks here we are at the retirement halls and we are trying to do interviews with some of the OAP’s to try and find out what the hell is going on, but as we walk down the corridor there is some commotion, hold on folks there seems to be someone in a wheelchair pushing his way through the knot of nurses and doctors....

Excuse me Sir may we have a word...

“Get outa my way you ****”

Where are you going in such a hurry... the reporter follows the guy in the wheelchair...

After following the wheelchair down a corridor which seems to be getting darker at each step they come to a battered door the guy in the wheelchair lashes out at the door the door explodes in a splinter hail of torn timber and the plate that was on the door falls off the reporter watches, the reporter thinks the poor guy has lost it.

The reporter watches as the wheelchair moves into the darkened room barely making out what is going on, the guy in the wheelchair moves to a chest and opens it, removing several items after what seems an eternity the wheelchair is thrown out of the door, and the reporter hears the heavy foot fall of someone in armour, what came out of the door was something from history, the guy was wearing old style battle armour that had long seen its best... the scared battered figure seemed to gain strength with each step, firmer, stronger

“you still in my way. You mother******”

He pushes the reporter aside; the reporter sees the name plate on the armour but cannot make it out it was burned away, the reporter falls to the ground as the sound of the shock rifle powering up, only then did the reporter see the distinct red glow of the weapon, not the normal blue hue.

The reporter jumps up and chases the guy down the corridor, please he shouts, we need to know what’s going on, the armoured figured stopped, turned and said...

“Call yourself a reporter, ant you heard you ****, it’s no longer rumour”

“TWO WEEKS”

Comment

Two weeks! Zero time to spectacle! Bagels!

Ah, fantastic news. Right before exams though, so not too much playtime for me.

They should bring back the Cliffycam. Or at least a Photoshop thread. I await the "Four ways to heal a node...link gun, link gun, link gun and link gun!" propaganda posters. Nice image btw Crotale, brings back memories of the 2K4 launch.

Comment

Oh god, best news I'v heard this month!
            Bring it on DD

Comment

I just have to write something here, to support.

Comment

And I just have to post again just... because.
                I need the demo!
                1189330 seconds to go! (see: http://homepage.ntlworld.com/vectorspace/UT3Demo.htm)

Comment

And I just have to post again just... because.
                  I need the demo!
                  1189330 seconds to go! (see: http://homepage.ntlworld.com/vectorspace/UT3Demo.htm)
                  Site: Rein*
                  Cool idea though.

Comment

Originally posted by bionicman View Post
                    great, now time to wait for performance tests, and I'll finally get rid of my old PC!

Try WINE
                    When I refer to "will it run on Linux", I refer to native, not to "will it work under Wine". That's almost a given, unless there's absolutely no OpenGL support in the Windows version (which would seem to be out of character for Epic).

Comment

Originally posted by Xangma View Post
                      Site: Rein*
                      Cool idea though.
                      Oops. Typo fixed.

Comment

For online multiplayer in the beta demo, will there be a separate dedicated server download for us server ops?

Comment

I don't know what's more amazing - the demo coming out in two weeks, or that we can write "two weeks" in a thread without it being deleted.

Comment

some of these posts haha... i think i just about wet my pants in anticipation omg mark i so hope your right!!!!! i think the whole bloody WORLD!!! has been waiting on that news... im preying to the unreal god PLEASE LET IT BE THIS WEEK!!

thank you MR.... apreciate the update me

Comment

Oops. Typo fixed.
                              Just a bit too excited =P

Comment

Finaly Finally !!!! !!! ! !!! ! ! ! !
                                FINALY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                                Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X