Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Another computer building question, please help.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    P35 is the way to go, without a doubt. Its a mature board already, with lots of brands to choose from. I have a p35 from Gigabyte and have been able to OC without issues. Great chipset!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    actually, i was asking about the e6850, not the qx6850.

in the U.S.:

e6850 and q6600 ~ $280

qx6850 ~ $1,0000

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Ouch, sounds like an escape plan might be the best solution.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    and there is something else.... and average worker earns 400 dollars a month.... so do the math hehe

Leave a comment:

• replied
    heh its not only their fault... besides that is the most expensive processor right? the extreme quad core... the real problem here is taxes... if i want to import a procesor that costs 100 dolars when i pay taxes for it I pay like 65 percent of the price only for taxes so it would cost me at least 165 dolars... but actually it is always a little more and think of a procesor that costs 500 dolars in the us... it will be more than a thousand here... usually

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Something is seriously wrong with your retailers.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    mm if you mean the QX 6850 Extreme its like 1500 american dollars hehe

Leave a comment:

• replied
    out of curiosity, how much does an e6850 cost down there? here the price is similar to the q6600.

amd 6000+ vs e6750 could just boil down to rivalries, but performance wise, unless the amd is significantly cheaper, go for the e6750.

http://www.xbitlabs.com/articles/cpu..._10.html#sect0

Leave a comment:

• replied
    here you pay 290 for the E6750 and 470 for the q6600

Leave a comment:

• replied
    yep i know and one more question...
    Between the AMD X2 6000+ and the E6750 i should get the E6750 right?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    e6750 most certainly can be overclocked and is a good cpu. i gave my suggestions based on your mention of the money issue. it's too bad about the limited availability and price of parts in Uruguay. here the jump from e6750 to q6600 is 200 to 280. a big step, but not anywhere near as bad as twice.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Yes i am planning on keeping my videocard for some time... the only things i am upgrading are: motherboard, CPU and ram to DDR2 800

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hello, yes i know the e2140, 2160 and 2180 are the best overclockers.. but.. only those with revision M0 and obviously here in uruguay there are no M0 jeje at least not yet.

Do you think the E6750 cant be overclocked? i have a friend who has one and he is running it at 3.4 GHZ on air cooling and stable.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    im a dyed in the wool ati lover....but they simply cant compete with nv at the moment. get a 8800gts 620mb card and no less, should last quite a while

but id wait and see 1st. thats a pretty good card u have still. play the demo or wait for the game 1st

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Thanxz for answer.. tha thing is that here hardware cost much more than in the US and the cheapest quad core costs twice what i will pay for the E6750 and i cant spend that much money

Leave a comment:

Working...
X