Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ATI or nVidia -- which will do better in UT3?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ATI or nVidia -- which will do better in UT3?

According to video card benchmarking charts, certain games tend to run better on one brand's GPUs than the other. For example, ATI cards might mop the floor with the nVidia cards in Oblivion while nVidia's cards crush ATI's cards in Battlefield 2142.

Will UT3 run better on ATI or nVidia cards?

This is a very important issue for people who are considering new video cards. Hopefully some of the major enthusiasts sites will do benchmarking on both the demo and the full game.

nVidia 100% sure

Comment

I agree with Brutal.

Bioshock runs much better on nvidia cards. It`s the same engine, so I think nvidia will be the better Choice.

Comment

I agree too.NVidia unless some new ATI card will be released.

Comment

"The way it's meant to be played"

Comment

I've lost my faith in ATI/AMD, I'm gonna run Intel + Nvidia until it's restored.

Comment

yeah they are like always ahead with technology

Comment

I wouldn't say "always"...but I hate my **** X1600 due to bad Linux Drivers....

Comment

Originally posted by Simeon View Post
                  "The way it's meant to be played"
                  Somewhere they said the "The way it's meant to be played" logo is on the box, also the Intel Core 2 Extreme logo.

Comment

Intel & nvidia, always have, always will, winning team

Comment

nVidia would be my guess with respect to a performance advantage,…

Having said that though, the new HD 2900 Pro 512MB video card with a MSRP of ~$250 (typically seen for ~$270) and the new HD 2900 Pro 1GB card with a MSRP of about ~$300 (typically seen for about ~$339) are really attractively priced. I also hear they OC really well,….

I bough my eVGA 8800GTS 320MB card for $259 USD after rebate (a long time ago) but now these cards seem hard to find for much under ~$300.

There are a lot of tough choices out there now,….

If I were to do it all again I’m not sure I would go for the 8800GTS 320MB or 640MB,….

Anyway, anyone looking to buy should probably just wait for the demo / full game and some benchmarks,….

I think the smart money is on nVidia here though,…

Comment

I don't know but with nvidia and intel i feel light lol, with ati and amd i feel fat LOL, its a weird feeling

Comment

I'm still running AMD/ATI on my rig, mainly because I've had wonderful results with both AMD's processors, and ATI's cards/drivers. Not to mention that ATI's visual quality has always surpassed that of NVidias in my experiance. (I KNOW someones going to argue this point, thats your call. I've used both NVidia and ATI and that is my experiance, not fanboism)

Both AMD and ATI are a little behind right now for top of the line specs, but honestly, you get what you pay for, and AMD/ATI are pricing their products at what they are worth. I built a 600$ system from the ground up (no old hardware aside from monitor, mouse, keyboard, and speakers) that runs Crysis ok, Bioshock at max settings, and basically hasn't had any trouble with anything I throw at it.

Could I get better proformance spending 800$ on a processor, and 500$ on the top of the line NVidia card? Hell yea. Do I need it? No.

If you have the budget to throw some serious cash into a system, go ahead and get the top of the line stuff, if your on a tighters budget, nothing beats AMD/ATI for bang for buck right now.

Comment

Originally posted by A2597 View Post
                            I'm still running AMD/ATI on my rig, mainly because I've had wonderful results with both AMD's processors, and ATI's cards/drivers. Not to mention that ATI's visual quality has always surpassed that of NVidias in my experiance. (I KNOW someones going to argue this point, thats your call. I've used both NVidia and ATI and that is my experiance, not fanboism)

Both AMD and ATI are a little behind right now for top of the line specs, but honestly, you get what you pay for, and AMD/ATI are pricing their products at what they are worth. I built a 600$ system from the ground up (no old hardware aside from monitor, mouse, keyboard, and speakers) that runs Crysis ok, Bioshock at max settings, and basically hasn't had any trouble with anything I throw at it.

Could I get better proformance spending 800$ on a processor, and 500$ on the top of the line NVidia card? Hell yea. Do I need it? No.

If you have the budget to throw some serious cash into a system, go ahead and get the top of the line stuff, if your on a tighters budget, nothing beats AMD/ATI for bang for buck right now.
                            Too right, but the Nvidia card fell into my budget so I just got one of them. But a 3.2 Ghz Dual Core processor at £100? I'll take that =P

Comment

I got myself a HD2900xt 1 gig about 2 months ago for this game.

Comment

Working...
                              X