unreal editor for mac?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

unreal editor for mac?

i def read somewhere the unreal editor is coming to mac, but people on this forum say otherwise. can somebody like mark or a mod confirm this? thanx

http://www.beyondunreal.com/content/.../203_1.php#q13
    {uX}l`VampyrCeil: Is the Unreal Editor really going to be available for Mac and Linux users this time around? Also, will it be able to import/export from/to third-party applications (specifically Blender 3D)?
    [Epic]DrSiN: I don't believe there are plans for a Mac/Linux editor.
    [Epic]DrSiN: Jeff?
    [Epic]IctusBrucks: the editor imports .ase files for static mesh geometry
    [Epic]IctusBrucks: the editor can export static meshes as .obj or .stl, so any program that can read those formats and export .ase can work well with UE3
    [EPIC]WarTourist: Dunno...linux game exe in the box and mac version soon after. Not sure how the editor works
    Clear enough?

Comment

A 3 year old news didn't say so though
      http://forums.beyondunreal.com/showthread.php?t=139347

Comment

Originally posted by KriLL3.8™ View Post
        Clear enough?
        Actually, I got the impression that they're not sure. I'm keeping my hopes low based on what they said, but I still think there's a chance :x

Originally posted by icecone View Post
        A 3 year old news didn't say so though
        http://forums.beyondunreal.com/showthread.php?t=139347
        Three years ago, they thought it'd be Unreal Tournament 2006...

Comment

so this seems very uncertain.

we shall see what mark or a mod says

Comment

Meh, Macs are useless. Any time spent porting the editor on to OSX can be better spent improving the game for Windows/PC. I do believe in a linux version though because Linux is well... not... nevermind.

Comment

Originally posted by Smood View Post
              Meh, Macs are useless. Any time spent porting the editor on to OSX can be better spent improving the game for Windows/PC. I do believe in a linux version though because Linux is well... not... nevermind.
              don't do xbox360/ps3 either, nor gears of war, just ut3 for pc, because you like it
              LOL

Comment

Epic has a number of teams and individuals that don't do more than 1-2 things, Steve Polge work on the engine and editor from what I remember, thus he isn't actually making maps etc, he's making the tools.

Even if you made em all focus on the PC version it wouldn't get out that much faster, and all their other projects would suffer considerably.

Comment

Originally posted by icecone View Post
                  don't do xbox360/ps3 either, nor gears of war, just ut3 for pc
                  /signed

Comment

i would love to see a mac version of the UnrealEd

Comment

Editor probably ported for the mac

The *word* from the person porting UT3 to Mac/linux is that the intentions haven't changed... As far as Ryan knows, he's still intending on porting it!

Go icculus! Go. :-)

Donovan

Comment

IMHO if your on a Mac, feel lucky that you can play the game at all. Apple are the NAZIs of the Computer/Phone/Music world. If you want the editor for Mac, contact apple and tell them to PAY Epic to do it. Otherwise its just not cost effective. Not that Epic is giving up on you macers but, it's just not a priority. If one IS coming to Mac, I guarantee it won't be any time soon. Why? Epic has to worry about getting the PS3 and 360 renditions done, after which they might find time. Until then, sorry.

When asking about things like this, remember the following. Gaming companies are first and foremost, BUSINESSES. Priority goes to where the money is. There may be many more macs today than when UT99 came out, but there are far FAR more PC's simply because gamers/professionals favor heterosexualness over homoMac. Its simply much more cost effective to wait on mac editor development until ALL other platforms have been catered to the game.

Personally I would like to see a linux deb packaged editor first.

Comment

IMNSHO, ;-)

I'm truly sorry that you are visually challenged OZ.

I just told you what the develpers intentions were. Regardless of what you PC'ers want, it is the intention of the person doing *both linux and Mac* ports to bring us the Editor. ..said, done.

Now, do what yur mom says, get out of the trailer park, and go back to school.

Donovan

Comment

Originally posted by =Uff-da= View Post
                            IMNSHO, ;-)

I'm truly sorry that you are visually challenged OZ.

I just told you what the develpers intentions were. Regardless of what you PC'ers want, it is the intention of the person doing *both linux and Mac* ports to bring us the Editor. ..said, done.

Now, do what yur mom says, get out of the trailer park, and go back to school.

Donovan
                            No need to be defensive about your sexual life style. Retaliation is not the path to success. And yes the developers have stated their intentions, but IF YOU had read my post, and understood it rather than blowing up in a homophobic rage (and misspelling developers, and your), you would have seen the point I was trying to make, you are NOT going to see it UNTIL the ps3/360 versions have gone gold, it is not a priority for Epic. Sorry, borrow a friends PC, you'll get more accomplished.

BTW, I probably make more money than your entire family. So lets not get presumptuous, you WILL lose. Oh, and I think I saw your dad in Berlin: The Techno Viking

</flame></retaliate>

Comment

Originally posted by DarkSideofOZ View Post
                              IMHO if your on a Mac, feel lucky that you can play the game at all. Apple are the NAZIs of the Computer/Phone/Music world. If you want the editor for Mac, contact apple and tell them to PAY Epic to do it. Otherwise its just not cost effective. Not that Epic is giving up on you macers but, it's just not a priority. If one IS coming to Mac, I guarantee it won't be any time soon. Why? Epic has to worry about getting the PS3 and 360 renditions done, after which they might find time. Until then, sorry.

When asking about things like this, remember the following. Gaming companies are first and foremost, BUSINESSES. Priority goes to where the money is. There may be many more macs today than when UT99 came out, but there are far FAR more PC's simply because gamers/professionals favor heterosexualness over homoMac. Its simply much more cost effective to wait on mac editor development until ALL other platforms have been catered to the game.

Personally I would like to see a linux deb packaged editor first.
                              first, we are not "lucky" to get ut3. ut has always been on mac and i dont think epic will ever stop especially since the mac market is growing at an exceptional rate. and just b/c U dont like mac doesnt mean this is epic's lowest priority. the lowest priority for them right now i would think is the x360 version. and there is no reason that the unreal editor would not be shipped w/ the mac version of ut3. we wont have to wait 6 months to have it ported. and there is no reason to call people gay because they use macs. thats just pure fanboy retardation there

Comment

Working...
                              X